US Census Bureau - My time with the US Census was very educational, eventful four months of employment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau

"My time with the US Census was very educational, eventful four months of employment."

Former Employee - Office Clerk
Former Employee - Office Clerk

I worked at US Census Bureau full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked learning about our agricultural department of our government and exactly how they conduct a census of everyone in the United States.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about the position was that it was only seasonal.

Other Employee Reviews for US Census Bureau

"Hope to find a new job soon.....have never been this miserable until I started this position."

Current Employee - Field Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Field Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at US Census Bureau part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at home, Health Benefits, Retirement benefits.

Cons

No overtime, no advancement opportunities, no salary increases, lack of pertinent communication, unreasonable demands at times, required to be available during office hours to answer to SSF and after hours to assist FR's and NO OVERTIME. Negative work atmosphere, no support from SSF. Job duties have varied from the original job posting, have never received a clear job description. Management does not always follow through with what they say and do not hold themselves accountable.

Advice to Management

Everyone in the RO should have hands on experience in the field. Exhibit some interest and empathy when field staff calls for guidance instead of behaving annoyed or interrupted. Behave how you expect field staff to behave towards the public, use customer service skills towards your "internal" customers. Realize that we are supposed to be working together towards a common goal.

"Economic Statistics Survey Analyst"

Former Employee - Economic Survey Analyst in Suitland, MD
    Former Employee - Economic Survey Analyst in Suitland, MD

I worked at US Census Bureau full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large, friendly campus in suburban Maryland. Free parking, easy commute. Telework is encouraged. Varied work assignments and projects, easy mobility within the organization. Good compensation. An opportunity to make a difference, working on an important, constitutionally mandated activity from the Decennial census to the economic census to monthly economic indicators. Varied projects from survey design to statistical modeling to cuttin;g-edge programming to outreach, communications, and web development.

Cons

The Census Bureau is undergoing internal reorganizations.

Advice to Management

Make sure staff understand reorganization processes and attendant opportunities.