Employee Review

Current Employee

Mission Oriented

Feb 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Colleagues and Meaningful Work

Cons

Fast paced, lack of training

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Secure job

Jun 21, 2021 - Immigration Services Officer I in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at the Field Office, you will meet lots of new people, hear all kinds of life stories, interview applicants off all walks of life.

Cons

None. I love USCIS. The best part is interviewing applicants

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you read this review - DO NOT WORK HERE

Jun 23, 2021 - Asylum Officer in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

When you work overtime, you can make some good money. Government benefits, the other Asylum Officers you work with can be cool….that’s literally it.

Cons

Where to EVEN begin: - Working here is like working at an Amazon factory. They treat you like worker bees with 3-4 interviews every single day. It’s absolutely frowned upon to take a lunch or break because that’s cutting into time that you could be interviewing. - Some of the Supervisors are completely rude. No one knows how to be on the same page in order to enact laws and regulation on the decision making process. I swear the Supervisors don’t talk to each other and simply do what they want. - You are overworked 110%. Your only job is to interview and that’s it. You will be so burned out, you might have a mental breakdown. You’ll be exhausted and hate getting up for work everyday just to sit in front of your computer and do interviews and hearing people tell you harsh stories (but 85% of the time they are complete lies and bought stories). You will hate it here. ZAR might be one of the “better” offices but it all sucks the same. I purely got into this job just to get into the Federal sector. I should have paid more attention to the reviews before I took this job but I wanted to be in the government so I guess I got what I wanted.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about US Citizenship and Immigration Services.