Cover image for US Customs and Border Protection

Former Intern, more than 3 years

Pretty valuable experience

May 22, 2014 - Office Automation Clerk in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked as an Office Automation Clerk for two summers and part of one for a total of 3 summers. I got to learn everything about working in an office environment, IT, and dabbling in some admin work when I needed to cover for someone. It's also great having someone who I can always use as a reference. Didn't do any stereotypical intern work like getting coffee.

Cons

Didn't always have any work to do. Sometimes I'd just sit there for an hour or so (maybe more) surfing the internet (of course Facebook was blocked) and/or on my phone. I got 2 of my supervisors in trouble for reading a book during my first summer. I've learned from that now but steady work should be a requirement. It's different for each office that an intern finds him or herself in.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

cbp

Dec 2, 2022 - Officer in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

great job good people easy job

Cons

long hours too repetitive boring

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Place

Nov 23, 2022 - Customs and Border Protection Officer in San Luis, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary Lots of Overtime Very Good benefits

Cons

The Overtime is there even when you don't want it. You work six days a week for two days off.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about US Customs and Border Protection.

US Customs and Border Protection Photos

+ Add Photo
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center (US Customs & Border Patrol)  (Photo thanks to Flickr user cliff1066, available under by v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: rio grande river
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: US Customs and Border Protection building  (Photo thanks to Flickr user Scorpions and Centaurs, available under by-nc-sa v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: US Customs and Border Protection  (Photo thanks to Flickr user ThreadedThoughts, available under by-nd v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: US Customs and Border Protection  (Photo thanks to Flickr user Still Burning, available under by-nc v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: US customs office  (Photo thanks to Flickr user iBjorn, available under by-sa v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: Lake patrol training