Employee Review

1. 5.0

N/A

Apr 19, 2021 - Office Administrator in Saint Petersburg Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

There are no cons to this job.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0

Social work

Jun 20, 2021 - Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salary. Training opportunities. Work life balance

Cons

None that come to mind

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Logistics

Apr 17, 2015 - Logistics
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came from the private sector where it is all about fattening someone's pockets while you work work work. I'll never go back to that. This job is fulfilling because you get to help our nation's hero's. Nothing can compete with this vacation policy, I have more time off than I'll ever use. If you enjoy helping others and not helping your CEO get his 4th vacation home, you'll like this place. Oh and the insurance and retirement are outstanding.

Cons

It is true about what you hear about Government employees. Just don't fall into that loop and you'll be happy. Don't let other peoples' negativity get you down, because when you look at these Veterans and realize what they went through, the piddly arguing goes out the window.

Continue reading
    331 people found this review helpful

US Department of Veterans Affairs Response

Department of Veterans Affairs Employee

Thank you for sharing your experience! It is invaluable to hear directly from VA employees. I agree that the absolute best part of a career at VA is the ability to help our Nation’s Veterans, and I am happy that other personal benefits such as vacation and paid-time-off allow employees to take care of themselves and do the best job possible. Thank you again for your dedication to helping Veterans. - DRS

Discover more reviews about US Department of Veterans Affairs.