Cover image for US Forest Service

US Forest Service

Is this your company?

US Forest Service

Add a Review

One of the most underpaid jobs in the country - Smokejumper US Forest Service Employee Review

1. 4.0
      Sep 25, 2023
      Smokejumper
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      McCall, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best job in the world -- highly skilled, purposeful, public service

Cons

Pay is not commensurate with the risks and responsibilities of the job.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        Oct 25, 2023
        Archaeological Technician
        Current Employee
        Business Outlook

Pros

Work in awesome places with down-to-earth people Working outdoors Easy to get time off if you need it

Cons

Can be strenuous, depending upon the environment Fire season gets stressful Pay isn't as much as what you might make working in the private sector

1. 5.0
          Nov 26, 2023
          Biological Science Technician
          Former Employee, less than 1 year
          Sparks, NV
          Business Outlook

Pros

I could not recommend working with the U.S. Forest Service in Sparks, NV enough! The atmosphere is laid-back, supportive and inclusive. My supervisors encouraged us to work with other departments to learn new skills, and it was an incredibly fulfilling experience. My position was field-based, and we went to many beautiful places in remote Nevada.

Cons

Sometimes there were long hours in the car, and because it was field based, there were some hazards of the job. However, I never felt like my concerns were ignored and everyone's safety was of upmost importance.

Discover more reviews about US Forest Service.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

UX Designer and Software Engineer

Is it normal that after the pre-interview with HR, and after he mentioned I would have the first interview with manager xx, he just disappeared? I sent an email and called the office a week later but no answers from him. Is this the way KPMG recruit people? He also contacted me two months later from the day I applied.

1 Comment

Software Engineer

I've been on the job market for the past 4 months, facing challenges with securing interviews. I'm contemplating enrolling in Career Elevator (www.mycareerelevator.com) to refine my interview skills. Additionally, I'm intrigued by ApplyAll.com, a tool for automating job applications. Has anyone used either program to enhance their job search? I'm eager to learn more and would greatly appreciate any advice or insights you might have! Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Comments

Manager

Confused. Currently working for a mid sized firm with big clients but have been offered a role through my network for a relatively small startup but a with higher designation / lead role & similar salary to my existing pay. The new role is more strategy + lead but non technical while my current role is managerial level but more technical. If in my position, would you stay in your current role or take the new one?? Happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you.

3 Comments