US Immigration and Customs Enforcement - I believe in the mission of the agency, but not the managers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement

"I believe in the mission of the agency, but not the managers."

Current Employee - Accountant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Accountant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like all Fed jobs, excellent benefits. Some offices within ICE offer flex schedules and telework, but this isn't available for supervisors.

Cons

I am a supervisor working in the Office of Financial Management. Low morale, little accountability, managers don't support or listen to first line supervisors. The Federal Viewpoint Survey speaks for itself...ICE is consistently at the bottom for a reason.

Advice to Management

Do something different!! The survey results haven't changed, so unless you are willing to change you will continue losing your best people to other agencies.

Other Employee Reviews for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement

"Just okay"

Current Employee - Intelligence Research Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intelligence Research Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Variety of investigative work, good people, offices in many locations, strong pay and benefits

Cons

Agents are favored and analysts tend to get the short end of the stick when it comes to promotions, TDY opportunites, and reassignment policies (there aren't any analyst-specific policies regarding transfers). Most analysts are supervised by an agent, and that causes a conflict of professional interests as well. There are no training representatives so I have missed out on several training opportunities because my management did not disseminate the info. The Human Resources department is often unknowledgable and incompetent. The pay is good, although not as good as other agencies, and morale is fairly low across the board. It's difficult for an analyst to get promoted to GS-14 or 15

Advice to Management

See above

2. "Started career at ICE"

Former Employee - Accounting Tech in Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Accounting Tech in Burlington, VT

I worked at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competent colleges, benefits, stability, flexible-ish work schedule, job security, dependable raises, pretty much the standard federal job benefits.

Cons

Lower salary than private sector, turnover, threat of government shutdowns.

Advice to Management

Do remunerate