US Investigations Services - Unhappy Investigator | Glassdoor

"Unhappy Investigator"

Current Employee - Senior Investigator in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Senior Investigator in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company car(although you pay a portion), flexible schedule, good coworkers, fair salary

Cons

Company no longer cares about employees. I am lucky and my TL is good at what he does and cares but he does not control the problems with this company. It has been well documented on this website that PTO has been cut and 401k has been taken away. I'm sure this is the beginning of other cuts to come. The workload has become increasingly ridiculous over the years. No matter how much you do they always ask for more and there is no end in sight. The ability to complete the work assigned in 40 hours is very diffcult. The health insurance is also quite bad, i realize that this has been a rising cost for all employers but it seems as if this company is worse.

Advice to Management

Realize that your employee's(FI's not management) are what make the money for USIS. You let the management used their EARNED PTO but you take the FI's vacation time away. This is absurd considering the ability to take time off is restricted during the holiday season. Several years ago there was at least the illusion that the company cared/respected the FI. In recent months it seems as if you don't care if we stay or go. Also, please stop blaming eveything on OPM. I understand the USIS/OPM relationship but to blame them for all of our issues our riduclous. Everytime something is wrong or unfair it is OPM's fault. Senior managment should have done a better job with the re-bid when it was done last year. If Senior Management continues on this pace we will all be looking for jobs with CACI and Keypoint.

Other Employee Reviews for US Investigations Services

"Can't believe I've worked here this long"

Current Employee - Investigator in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Investigator in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The car and gas card and flex hours and variety in the day. Can do field work one day and type the next and set your own scheudle.

Cons

Low pay,unrealistic deadlines, disappearing benefits, no 401k match, low morale, poor communication, low morale, after a while you realize that you just don't care

Advice to Management

read these job forum comments, but really don't see how background investigations can be done by for profit companies

"Another contract lost, what can be next?"

Current Employee - Senior Investigator in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Investigator in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Make your own schedule, great job for a second career, no contact with anyone and on your own as far as oversight.

Cons

Absolutely horrid work ethic of the company, especially with respect to their employees that make them the most money. Senior management as well as middle management have no clue what they are doing and dragging the company into the deepest depths of failure. No future work, no advancement and financial take backs yearly. Integrity, none existent and now we see what happens when you're not honest with your customers. I see federal prison time coming for a lot of people that were recently fired in WPA and management.

Advice to Management

Leave, just all resign and let Providence come in and bring real leadership to what was a great company. Now with the loss of the special customer contract that was the gold standard of our work, we are only left with good old OPM, that has also been cutback due to many improprieties of WPA that has ruined our integrity, if any that was left. Wake up field and start voicing your distain for what is going on before we are all laid off. Demand change and trustworthy management.

Amazing how they sugar coat everything, explaining that this is the way the government works when they lose contracts. Are they really that stupid not to understand that we talk to each other daily and everything that goes on here we know and network all over. This is one of the companies biggest hurdles, being truthful with us in every area.

We can do better then this with real people that know how to manage and lead us into a successful organization, not this so called group of failed and overpriced corporate losers.

Oh yeah, HR please stop posting those complete false postings telling everyone how great this place is. Everyone knows its fake.