US Jesco - A Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great money to be made, I paid my way thru college just working part of the summer and a few weekends a year. Professional people to work with, place of integrity, ambitious people with high sales drive.

Cons

Have to stand for long hours, drive time can be long, have to work weekends but that's where the money is.

Advice to Management

Well done!

Other Employee Reviews for US Jesco

1. "Life Changer"

Current Contractor - Sales Agent
    Current Contractor - Sales Agent

I have been working at US Jesco as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and the best cross training I have ever had when it comes to sales. This company has a new and fun way to work. I have a hard time even calling it work. I titled this review /Life Changer\ because not only have I learned a new and fun way to make endless amounts of money. But the way I think about myself and the confidence that has been given back to me. I do feel valuable again thanks to U.S. Jesco Int.

Cons

I do not have any now. But when I do! I will be back to let you know.

Advice to Management

Keep it guys, the real ones love you here!!!!!!

"Great company for people who want to WORK"

Current Employee - Technology Director in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Technology Director in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is run by very passionate people. Everyone pulls together to make this company great.

Motivated individuals can make great money and move up quickly, as long as they are willing to work for it. Is it easy? No! Is it rewarding? Yes! If you've got what it takes, you will be successful. If you want to sit around and complain and stay on a smoke break all afternoon, you might want to find something else. We work hard and we play hard!

Working as a 1099 agent is a definite pro! Do some of these people not realize that an advantage this is? If you are responsible with your taxes and set them aside each paycheck, you will definitely come out ahead. You have numerous tax breaks as a 1099 contractor that you can not take as a regular employee. Mileage, dry cleaning, computer, office space in your residence. All of these are examples of items you get to take as a deduction. Try taking these deductions as a regular employee.

While some complain about it, I think our CEO having a sailboat is a definite pro. He has worked hard all his life and shows what you can do with hard work. I love seeing the jealousy on this site that he spends too much time on his sailboat. Because I'm sure they would work hard to afford a sailboat and would never take vacation time to go sailing (yes, that was sarcasm). He takes off less time than anyone I know! He travels the country from one market to the next trying to help the managers and agents be the best that they can be. He doesn't take off on nights and weekends. He is constantly plugged into what is going on, except for the few occasions when he goes on a sailing trip.

And no, I'm not a lifelong friend. And no, I didn't marry anyone in the company. I'm just an employee that realizes that I have been given a great opportunity and I work my tail off each and every day in order to help the company, which in turn helps me!

Cons

This can be a stressful job. It is very fast paced and things can change from one minute to the next. You need to be ready for the challenge and willing to adjust mid-stream.

We are in a business with high turnover, just like other retail jobs. And in all that turnover, some individuals feel the need to lash out at the company because they feel that they were not treated fairly. This is just sad. I would prefer hiring people with a little more integrity, but some people feel that bad things only happen to them because of the actions of others.

Advice to Management

Do a better job letting new people know that they have to work. Evidently, many people think they can just show up and get paid without putting forth effort. If they aren't willing to work hard in a fast-paced environment, they should avoid this company.