US Jesco - New Programs and New products - Exciting Times | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Jesco

"New Programs and New products - Exciting Times"

Current Employee - Sales Agent
Current Employee - Sales Agent

Pros

Jesco has brought in a few new programs with different compensation packages and new products. This year has been full of opportunity and I am excited to see what else they have to bring to the table this year. v

Cons

I would like to see more training on the newer products and shorter scripts.

Advice to Management

Create career paths for the sales teams and if we can make the expansion into Australia I want to be there!

Other Employee Reviews for US Jesco

"Love my new Jesco family !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I believe everything happens for a reason. When laid off from my previous job I couldn't understand why if it was such a great company. A few months ago I was hired by US Jesco and realized this is the reason why. When working for Jesco I truly feel part of a team. Things might get crazy at times in the office but its only normal because we are a family. I feel that I can go to Leslie when needed and enjoy working with everyone at the corporate office. I feel blessed with the opportunity i was given by US Jesco.

Cons

Princess (office cat) likes to eat our plants

"Can't believe these reviews"

Former Contractor - Sales Agent, Trainer, Unit Trainer
    Former Contractor - Sales Agent, Trainer, Unit Trainer

I worked at US Jesco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. It can be fun when you are selling a lot.

Cons

Notice that most of these reviews are posted by those in administration or brand new employees.

I was there 3 months and by the end of the time I left, there was almost 100% turnover in my region. I never met anyone except managers or trainers who had been there more than a year.

They have a lot of loopholes to not pay as much as they promise, and paychecks are frequently late and have to be chased down. No reimbursement for expenses! You get 2-3 % extra commission if traveling over 60 miles. Whoop. Keep in mind you are only guaranteed $50 a day, even on a double shift. Add possible travel expenses, hotel and a crummy store and you are sometimes paying for the privilege of working -- HARD!. For the cooking products, you have to buy a chef's coat and hat at your own expense! Plus they say they will reimburse for produce, but never do, and in addition to the long hours, you have to go to the grocery store to buy that produce daily, because you are never allowed to use store fridge. Plus you are expected to carry home your own garbage nightly.

The training is pretty thorough, but trainers can be quite rude and demanding. The products are nothing special and overpriced, though you are taught to make them seem exciting. The manager once screamed at me and hung up the phone because I told him I could not work a certain date -- BEFORE the schedule was posted and more than a week out. You are supposed to give your schedule a week out. Never apologized, and was frequently verbally abusive.

You were expected to work no matter how sick you were. I was told to keep working with laryngitis --hello, we are doing infomercials. Who is going to buy from a raspy-voiced, coughing and sneezing person?

Many stores (especially Sears) are not profitable. They are in few better stores, except Belk, and Belk varies by town. They kept sending me to Sears and I thought I was a lousy salesperson, till they sent in a top person to the store and she couldn't sell much there either. When I finally got a better store, I did much better, but then after Christmas no one was selling at all,including the trainers, and that is when the few people left all quit.

And if you don't give 2 weeks notice, they keep your paycheck. Therefore my last assignment was 3 hours away, in a huge store where the booth was all but completely buried in the basement, and the loudspeaker system did not work. Also not in the best neighborhood. A hopeless assignment I had to accept or forfeit the money they owed me -- amounting to several late-paid checks.

I suppose I could have tried small claims court, but the company is based in TX, and it just seemed better to lose money this one weekend and get my back pay and MOVE ON.

Advice to Management

Get in some better stores, or evaluate why better stores are not interested in your products. Pay people's expenses when traveling out of town, and reasonable expenses (like chef's uniforms). Treat employees like adults, not children who need to be bullied and insulted into meeting quotas.