US Laboratories - Not what I signed up for | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for US Laboratories

"Not what I signed up for"

Former Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Middletown, CT
Former Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Middletown, CT

I worked at US Laboratories part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience. Lots of overtime.

Cons

Not enough pay, schedule is bad, the circumstances of the job itself make it not worth it to have(unless you do not have to travel a lot). Some people unapproachable. Too much traveling, not enough reimbursement for mileage.

Advice to Management

Be more honest and upfront during the interview and hiring process.

Other Employee Reviews for US Laboratories

1. "Good Experience for New Employee"

Current Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Middletown, CT
    Current Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Middletown, CT

I have been working at US Laboratories part-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are kind and helpful. When you suffering a not finding a job and this place gives you opportunities to build your experience.

Cons

They gives us extra hours!

Advice to Management

It's not possible but I wish they have at least once a month meeting.

2. "Unprofessional at best"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at US Laboratories as a contractor

Pros

It is a job until something better comes along.

Cons

Lack of respect from management. You are just a body to fill a position. The full time employees know that sick time is NOT ALLOWED, if you take an unplanned sick day (you know, b/c we all PLAN to be sick) it is marked in your file as an "occurrence", too many of these and you get written up. They expect you to come in sick, and everyone does. Therefore someone is ALWAYS SICK. Terrible environment run by people who have been there too long, who don't understand the term "mutual respect" for their subordinates, and who are the worst ones for abusing "working at home". They give real managers a bad name. Archaic, backwards hierarchy of self-important middle managers who need to get over themselves.

Advice to Management

One of you needs to retire since we all know you are overdue - your words. Just GO. You are not helping the awful, oppressive culture. Stop micro-managing everyone, they know what they are doing, they work with their nose to the grindstone. APPRECIATE them! just saying the words is meaningless, you sound like you are reading from a script. SHOW it to people by treating them like they are HUMANS not robots there to serve you and make YOU "look good to corporate". Good grief, none of you would survive in a real corporate environment. Fight for them to have some real benefits, where they don't have to plan a sick day by working overtime during the same week to make up the time!