US Marine Corps - I wish I had exited the Marine Corps after my first four years. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Marine Corps

"I wish I had exited the Marine Corps after my first four years."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Havelock, NC
Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Havelock, NC

Pros

Camaraderie is great, other than this reason I cannot think of one good reason to be a marine. If you have a son or daughter that is considering this for a career quickly change their mind to the United States Air Force.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, lack of professionalism, lack of accountability, constant change, lack of focus, no goals, very little upward progression, the people who work hard are rode like dogs while those who cannot perform receive an easier job with the same amount of pay.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to start holding those who cannot handle their job or do not perform up to standards accountable for their performance or lack there of. Too many times I see someone get an easy job because they cannot perform, and the one who does perform gets screwed.

Other Employee Reviews for US Marine Corps

1. "A great Experience"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Arlington, VA

Pros

Benefits for family and dependents are great

Cons

myself, i love traveling but now that i have a child i would like to stay in one place. with the marine corps i would be required to move at least every 4 years.

2. "Got to see the world"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Pendleton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Pendleton, CA

Pros

Got to see the world, met a lot of interesting people, made a lot of friends and I get paid to live in housing

Cons

Combat stress, not home as often as I would like to be, don't think that I get paid enough especially for what we do

Advice to Management

I don't really have words of advice, but I will say that there should be less testing requirements while already in service.