US National Guard - Great with people that are true to their positions and ethics, horrible with unethical, all about me leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US National Guard

"Great with people that are true to their positions and ethics, horrible with unethical, all about me leadership"

Current Employee - Staff Officer
Current Employee - Staff Officer

Pros

Teamwork,sense of purpose, and pay.

Cons

Too many politics. Unethical practices.

Advice to Management

Get off the political bandwagon and take care of soldiers!

Other Employee Reviews for US National Guard

1. "Good place for post foster kids"

Pros

Coming out of fostercare I didn't really have the life skills necessary to be able to support myself the guard has more then helped me grow up and given me an opportunity to learn how to take care of myself... that doesn't sound like much unless you consider that 1/3 of u.s. homeless are post foster kids and as are 80% of the u.s. prison population... any way glad I joined wish I could have gone active but I had a extensive juvenile criminal record... the guard mellowed me out I've been to Iraq once completed my first year of college and am about to deploy to Afghanistan after witch I'll be out for good and head back into college to get my aerospace engineering degree...

Cons

Possibility of deploying if you don't want to. Also its hard... but not impossible, to use the national guard as a career

Advice to Management

I think for the most part they got it handled though the military is vary much unit based if your stuck in a horrible company tough luck, if your in a good one you'll make friends for life.

2. "It's a challenging place that rewards the most productive individuals"

Pros

Serve your country, give back to you community, protect the United States, create a safe city

Cons

can be physically exhausting, pay isn't the greatest

Advice to Management

none, the national guard operates at an extremely effieicient and professional manner that expects all of their "employees" to give 100% of their effort to each and every task.