US Navy - Accelerate your life. I joined the Navy as a young 17 year old knucklehead, but I've developed into a strong leader. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Navy

"Accelerate your life. I joined the Navy as a young 17 year old knucklehead, but I've developed into a strong leader."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at US Navy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

See the world. I've been to Hawaii, Japan, Philippines, Bahrain, Phuket, Australia, and Bali. I've worked with some outstanding brave young men and women. Good promotion, and the best benefits in America.

Cons

Very very long hours when deployed and while doing workups. Also, there is the small chance of being injured or killed in a peacetime accident or war. It does happen. Several of my friends have not come back home.

Advice to Management

Maintain our strong traditions and hold the line.

Other Employee Reviews for US Navy

1. "Great learning experience! Take advantage of all the educational benefits."

Former Employee - 3MC in Saint Marys, GA
    Former Employee - 3MC in Saint Marys, GA

I worked at US Navy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My time in the Navy has provided me with the unique ability to handle any situation with a complete demographic range of personnel.

Cons

Time away from family and the inability to be apart of a single community. A lot of dead time during missions.

Advice to Management

Ensure personnel are aware and are taking advantage of credentialing programs.

2. "Great times"

Former Employee - US Navy Sailor E4 in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - US Navy Sailor E4 in Norfolk, VA

I worked at US Navy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You are able to see the world, as well as get your education for those whom have not completed one. The officer programs are also very beneficial.

Cons

It is sometimes not very family friendly when it comes to initial training. The ability for growth is very difficult if you are not informed on the correct rating.