US Patent and Trademark Office - Satisfying work with great flexibility | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for US Patent and Trademark Office

"Satisfying work with great flexibility"

Current Employee - Patent Examiner in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Patent Examiner in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at US Patent and Trademark Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility with workable hours and time off.

Cons

Production and stress of continually keeping up with changes in requirements.

Other Employee Reviews for US Patent and Trademark Office

"Mixed"

I have been working at US Patent and Trademark Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, get to learn about various ideas, good pay

Cons

Management only cares about numbers & does not value good employees. Basically I was told because I was smart & did well, that was the reason I kept getting moved around to different art units & forced to learn new things with new incompetent supervisors while other employees that did not catch on got to sit around & not be challenged. Be very careful of not doing too well. Management will catch up & end up using you to achieve their end goals.

Advice to Management

Take care of your good employees if you want to keep them happy as opposed to using them & forcing them into situations where they have no choice.

"Great location and wonderful environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at US Patent and Trademark Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a contractor, it depends entirely who you work for. I am fortunate enough to have found a decent spot. The atmosphere is surprisingly lax and the campus is wonderful.

Cons

Be wary of typical government egos walking around - your usual political games. Never say anything outside of safe chit chat while in mixed company. Don't break any rules, including the ones everyone just skips over and signs on the first day. Recently saw a contractor fired just for logging in internationally to help a coworker while she was on vacation. If you can keep yourself off the blotter, you'll be just fine.