US Postal Service - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - PSE Clerk in Georgia (Zimbabwe)
Former Employee - PSE Clerk in Georgia (Zimbabwe)

I worked at US Postal Service part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, good beneftis, opportunities to do temporary full time gigs if you are part time. Management where I was was very easy to communicate with....very forthcoming with praise where due.

Cons

USPS is in financial turmoil right now....did not feel good about my job security as a part-time employee with post office hours being cut in smaller areas where I worked.

Other Employee Reviews for US Postal Service

1. "28 year mailhandler"

Current Employee - Mailhandler
    Current Employee - Mailhandler

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good paycheck with little mental stress.

Cons

Too many people who work there just don't care. 20% of the people are expected to do 90% of the work. management is lax and they don't give employees the ability to make their own decisions.

Advice to Management

Train the employees so they know the job and can function without so much interference

"Glad it's over"

Former Employee - CITY LETTER CARRIER
    Former Employee - CITY LETTER CARRIER

I worked at US Postal Service full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Made enough money to pay bills, do most of what we wanted, take vacations, and afford the extracurricular activities the kids participated in. The work contract in that duties are defined.

Cons

The work contract in that it does not give allowance for compromise between labor and management. The level of dishonesty in higher level management and their total disregard and respect for employees (the upper managers talk about employees as if they are all thieves, liars, and lower than dirt). Being forced to work overtime when not on the list and then being denied overtime when you are on the list. It is a grievance, but you have to go through that process.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as if they are the reason mail gets delivered and not as if you are the saviors of the company. Mail would get sorted, cased, and delivered every single day - without your lackluster and invalid input. You are all horrible leaders and bad examples of what makes a good worker anyway, as I have sat in on your conference calls and the daily check ins. SLACKERS = Houston management from Postmaster up.