US Tech Solutions - Most Bizarre Experience of My Professional Career | Glassdoor

"Most Bizarre Experience of My Professional Career"

Former Employee - RVP

I worked at US Tech Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quick interview process, seemingly friendly people, decent base salary.

Cons

I had over 10 years of successful sales experience when I was hired by US Tech for a RVP (sales) position. I wanted to make a change - move to a larger city and try sales in a new industry (I had not previously worked in staffing). US Tech helped me do this...for 4 months. Apparently I didn't get the memo that I was supposed to use the VOIP phone, and my normal MO was using my cell phone to make a lot of... prospecting calls because I like to stand and pace. 4 months after I was hired, I was fired for not making enough calls. No questions, no warning, just got a call that said "we're letting you go." I tried to explain that I use my cell, but I got a very cold reception from the HR person. I never spoke to anyone except her about the situation. It's not her fault - I'm sure she was just told to call and fire me, so I did not push, but it was SO BIZARRE. Before this job, I had worked at a company for 6 years, received multiple promotions and raises in those 6 years and was twice salesperson of the year (out of a team of 60+ sales people). I was stunned but I knew I would be fine. Also worth mentioning is that 4 months earlier US Tech PAID to move me to another city. So I can thank them for that anyway. Being in a larger metro area helped me land a terrific sales job 3 weeks after they fired me - a company I have been working for close to 3 years now. Out of curiosity, I have looked up the position I once held for US Tech on LI for my city a few times. Last time I looked it up, there had been 5 people that have held that position since I was fired. One person who had the role later removed it from their LI profile. Another company recently tried to recruit me and I agreed to interview with them - they asked me about the bizarre 4 month stint at US Tech and how strange that is given how solid the rest of my resume. I explained exactly what happened and how many people have apparently filled the role since. The interviewer started laughing and said, "maybe it's a racket." I think that may be a real possibility, the people I met there were not stupid so surely they are not just this inept at managing a company?! The interviewer also told me there would be no issue with just removing it from my LI/resume too. I said maybe I will eventually, but I also kind of enjoy telling people this story. With my background, work history, references, etc. - I have plenty of credibility. And the look on people's faces when I tell them what happened is hilarious. Granted it was hilarious when it happened - it was shocking and a bit stressful - but like I said I knew I would be fine and I am grateful to US Tech for paying for my move to a large metro area.

Advice to Management

I do not have any because I really have no idea what your end goal is. If you are truly just trying to become a world class contingent labor vendor, then you need to completely restructure your go to market strategy, management style, and cross-functional/departmental communications. If you're fine with the reputation you have in the staffing industry, who I am to tell you to do otherwise? Good luck!

US Tech Solutions2019-02-22
  1. "Recruitment for high end clients"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Recruiter in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at US Tech Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment with work life balance.

Cons

None! it's great all along.

Advice to Management

None.

US Tech Solutions2019-07-01

"Challenging and fun work, Agency does not follow through."

Former Employee - IT Help Desk Technician in Yuba City, CA

I worked at US Tech Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyed working at AH through US tech.

Cons

I was told project will be three months but after one month all the temp staff was released saying we no longer need you. I rejected other opportunities over this just to find out after one month they no longer need us. Not professional.

Advice to Management

Keep your word even if the project is somewhat over if you say three months of contract then keep the contract and don't break it.

US Tech Solutions2019-09-12

Discover more reviews about US Tech Solutions.