USAA - Great culture. | Glassdoor

"Great culture."

Current Employee - Credit Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Credit Manager in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Everything is located right there, I never have to leave.

Cons

Rigid dress code. Strict on time cards.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Other Employee Reviews for USAA

1. "Holy Cow! Dream job indeed!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Good compensation, great benefits and support, and a real connection with the members who purchase and use our products. Great society, volunteer support and green carpooling and bus options!

Cons

I do not live near a bus line, so I have to drive in.

Advice to Management

Everything you do if first for the member and second for the employee, who generally are also members! We know that a lot of what we do is also for our families and I thank you so much for the opportunity to help the military community as I do. USAA rocks, pure and simple.

"Sales oriented call center"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Benefits are good-401k employer contribution in particular

Cons

Attrition causes high call volume - back-to-back phone calls. Management feels there is "an opportunity on every call", so it's all about the numbers. If you don't know what FMLA was before, you'll know once you start working at USAA. Morale is very low and a large percentage of employees manage to get on FMLA so they can take off whenever they want and are then "protected". Many of these same employees then go on FaceBook to boast about everything they're doing while on FMLA (pursuing other job opportunities, enjoying their social life, etc.). Employees on FMLA are entitled to all of the same benefits as those who manage to come in every day. There is little incentive to show up everyday and have calls monitored and time micromanaged. FMLA is seriously abused and serves to lower overall company morale, increase call volume for those at work, and prohibit those showing up for work to get any time off.

Advice to Management

USAA prided itself on being the #1 provider for the military and setting itself apart from other insurance companies. Go back to your core values (USAA is no different from other insurance companies) and put more of a focus on employee morale and work environment.