USAA - Awful deal for the family if planning to relocate | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for USAA

"Awful deal for the family if planning to relocate"

Current Employee - Java Developer in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Java Developer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bigger and stable company with good asset

Cons

They offered my spouse and they say its a family relocation. How is that possible when the other person will not be offered after the interview.

Advice to Management

If both are unfit for the position, then I agree, there is a reason not to offer the other person a job. When wife has worked for very good companies as full time employee, they denied her and offered only the husband which is not fair for the family to relocate to that place. DISGUSTING!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for USAA

"Good and Bad, but more good"

Current Employee - Compliance in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Compliance in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company's mission of serving military personnel and their families is admirable and carried out very well by the senior leadership team. The company really cares about their employees and provides great benefits to maintain a low employee turnover. Annual Bonus, Christmas Bonus, far more paid vacation days than almost any Fortune 500 company; 8% 401K match, gyms at work, events for employees...the list goes on and on. Providing you work in a support role (IT, Compliance, Mgmt) the compensation is pretty darn good. Also, they are becoming stronger advocates for working from home and believe in work/life balance.

Cons

The amazing benefits and perks is a double edge sword as management can be very tenured at USAA and thus might not have outside experience in their particular industry/field to bring new/fresh ideas to their area; i.e. "We have always done it this way, so why change things". It can be difficult to instill change in a department if your not already a manager or at a senior level because mgmt might not listen to you. .

Advice to Management

Hire more managers from the outside who bring in new fresh ideas.

"Great customer service, tough employer."

Current Employee - Member Relationship Specialist III in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Member Relationship Specialist III in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance, matching retirement, educational assistance, paid time off.

Cons

Head-set fatigue, sitting for long hours, tethered to a cubicle, not allowed to think outside of the box, treated like a child, account for every minute, scripted phone calls, observed and analyzed, low pay, must meet referral criteria. This is from an employee who meets company expectations. Personally I hate it. If you can hang in there and be a robot for a few years, I hear it gets a better. Some employees have been there for 10-20 years. I don't get it.

Advice to Management

Find a way to be #1 in customer service while treating employees like adults, not robots.