USAA - USAA Financial Advisor... | Glassdoor

"USAA Financial Advisor..."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The benefits, set hours, most of the people working at USAA are stand up people, the customers as a whole treat the employees well.

Cons

We are attached the a phone line 90% of our day. There is constant change affecting the ability to be effective. We are expected to be experts at eveything and sell everything to every person that calls in. We are salaried agents so we can tell our members we have their best interest in mind even though we have goals that are beat into us on a daily basis. So even though we dont get a commission we still push certain products to get management off our backs for the day or week.

Advice to Management

Focus on advertising that creates effective conversations when member call in. If you send out an advertisement for 250k term life insurance for $13/month and expect us to sell the benefits of whole life at $100/mo, try a joint advertisement for both products so members dont feel like they are being tricked into calling. Also, enough pushing referrals from other departments, we dont find people money most people are not even told why they are being transferred for financial advice.

Other Employee Reviews for USAA

"Love the members and CEO - Mid to lower management is something to be desired."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Our mission to serve the best group of people in the country. Love the members.

Cons

Poor system of promotions, horrible system for time off, employee evaluations are 90% subjective and vary from manager to manager. No team environment. Computer system is something out of the 1980's. Very repressive place to work, you will not speak of anything negative without career consequences. Pressure to sell is through the roof - far worse they any commission environment.

Advice to Management

Train mid to lower level management as most have absolutely no leadership/management experience prior to becoming a manager, and it shows.

2. "Excellent organization to work for."

Current Employee - Member Relationship Specialist II in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Member Relationship Specialist II in Sacramento, CA

Pros

benefits, pay, leadership, great clients

Cons

Lack of sales incentives, too conservative

Advice to Management

Incorporate sales incentives