USAA - Overall, a great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for USAA

"Overall, a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Origination Specialist in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Mortgage Origination Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great 401K, benefits, Tuition reimbursement, bonuses, pay is 'OK', not the best part of the job.
We get lots of training, company really cares about members. There is alot of micro management but what call center doesn't have that. Good hours and promote work/life balance
Great building with gym, fitness classes, cafeteria, massage therapy, relaxation rooms, energize rooms with wi and ping pong table, tv's everywhere. Outside: track, basketball courts, softball diamond, soccer/football field, great scenery, lake and campus.

Cons

Micro-managing. Thats all I could think of. It really is a good company and I work with great people.

Other Employee Reviews for USAA

"Financial Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great orientation and training process

Cons

They monitor you time by the second, count the number of times you go to the bathroom and lunch/break is assigned...

Advice to Management

Micro managing is not essential.

"Micromanagement Takes on a New Definition at USAA"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits package, gym membership, excellent co-workers. The only aspect of the job I miss is the people I worked with.

Cons

USAA takes micromanagement to new levels! Every minute (not kidding) of every activity to include your time in the restroom is logged and discussed each week with your latest supervisor. Pay is low compared to the pressure and demands placed on you. Can be tough to get time off. Plan on spending many weekends/off days in the office as a "volunteer" to work extra hours....yep, you can volunteer or face the wrath. Member (customer) satisfaction takes a back seat to how long your conversation with them lasts and how many other products you pushed towards the member. The manager rotation switches so quickly that often times you will only have a certain manager for a few weeks and they're replaced by a new face.

Advice to Management

Spend the money to hire additional staff and the employee satisfaction and retention will increase.