KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Place to Gain Experience

Aug 30, 2018 - Real Estate Processor II in Stockholm, Stockholm
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus structure, easy to get a job in a field you haven't worked in before.

Cons

I will say this, I am grateful to USAA, USAA gave me a career in the real estate field in which I had no experience and as a veteran this was very helpful. The problem I had with USAA was that they tried to be too much like the military, the military works the way it does because it is the military, it does not translate well over to the civilian well and it always bothered me because they chose the worst parts of military to integrate, for example putting people in leadership positions because the check all the right boxes instead of assessing if they are actually leadership positions, micromanaging and favoritism. After getting away from USAA and seeing how real estate is done at other lenders USAA's process is outdated and unecessary. The fact that you had to adhere to scripts when on the phonecalls with members is ridiculous, you can't talk to everybody the same way and you should have freedom to speak how you need too. Also, I think this is across the board with most departments but the pay is way under industry standard, they use the excuse of the bonus making up for that but it's still not okay, they have the money to pay people industry standard and still give out the bonuses. Also, as a veteran myself I will say that USAA goes overboard with the military appreciation and recognition and it tends to alienate people who haven't served and as military member myself it got a little exhausting to see and hear everyday. Judging by the reviews things have only gotten worse since I left 3 years ago. If you are a prospective job seeker USAA is a good place to get into the industry you want to be in especially if you have limited experience, my advice would be to learn as much as you can, get the experience on paper and move to another company, USAA's name recognition will help you get another job.

Continue reading
    14 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company

Aug 14, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits. Pro employee company

Cons

Embrace 100% remote environment. But happy they still offer hybrid

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

Aug 13, 2022 - Insurance Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and management. Great benefits

Cons

Job can be demanding and stressful if you're a phone agent

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about USAA.

USAA Photos