USAA - A company that truly cares about their employees and their members! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for USAA

"A company that truly cares about their employees and their members!"

Current Employee - Financial Foundations Senior Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and great training and ongoing training you always learn something new. You can choose many different work shifts and change your shifts every 3 month. Excellent benefits and one of the best retirement planning services I experienced. The building has a gym and this wonderful relaxing chair that gives you a massage when you need it. Daycare center for Moms and Dads that will allow you to interact with your child on your break and spend some time with the little one. Love the parking garage so in the winter I don't have to dig my car out of the snow and in the summer it stays nice and cool.

Cons

It is a call center and a lot is expected of you and you have to learn to relax and take vacations and breaks serious. I work 10 hr days 4x a week but I get the same break as a employee that works 40hr week and 8hr days...which means a month I work 3 hours more than a 5 day employee with the same hours weekly as mine...I feel it is unfair because I have to take more calls and I am monitored with more hours on the phone so my phone productivity is different when it shouldn't it should be the same- we both work 40 hr a week.

Advice to Management

I am very happy with our CEO and all my managers that I worked with so far - they are truly caring individuals.

Other Employee Reviews for USAA

1. "Opportunity to grow as leaders while serving those who have served."

Current Employee - Product Management in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Product Management in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mission based management
    Great pay
    Good benefit
    Education benefits

Cons

Most non-call center jobs only in San Antonio

2. "Great company, inflexible"

Former Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

amazing benefits, good rate of pay, opportunity for advancement

Cons

inflexible schedule structure, strict environment, minimal supervisor access to resolve customer complaints

Advice to Management

open more schedules for Monday-Friday hours, have a more cohesive relationship structure between management and team members