USAA - Family oriented | Glassdoor

"Family oriented"

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low cost of living area (San Antonio), slightly below average salaries (but fine for the area), GREAT benefits, super nice work environment. Good place for family oriented folks looking for work/life balance, but not looking to make millions.

Cons

If you're an upper management type, then you will surely be underpaid at this place. That said, San Antonio is a great place to raise a family.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for USAA

"Relationship Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Foundation Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Foundation Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great medical and retirement benefits. Also get Christmas bonus and in February another bonus. Last year we got 18.8% of our salary.

Cons

10 hour shifts can be way too long on the phones. Make no mistake, this is absolutely a call center. So be prepared for back to back calls some day. Don't get me wrong, I love it here but you have to really work hard to be EE and noticed. When you do this then you can move around within the company. My advise, always challenge yourself to do your best then get the heck out of policy services after a year or two. I've been at 3 different departments in less than 3 years at USAA. I do this so Im continuously challenged.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and empower them to be great and help promote. Always be honest and let them know constantly and consistently how they are doing..show them their numbers.

2. "Great company to work for; good benefits"

Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most managers care about their people; tuition assistance; company matches 8% of employee contributions to retirement

Cons

Call center fast paced and demanding

Advice to Management

Be willing to move people to positions they are better suited for.