USAA - Great company, horrific management in Colorado Springs!!! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for USAA

"Great company, horrific management in Colorado Springs!!!"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at USAA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay, the benefits, the mission, the CEO, the innovation

Cons

The extreme micromanaging of the Colorado Springs office. Many of the employees are on FMLA because of the severe harassment and intimidation that goes on daily in this office. If you want a job here, get ready to give up your personal life! You can't get a day off for anything!!!...and for the multitude of weeks vacation you get, you have to BID for your time off in NOVEMBER of the previous year!!! You most likely won't get it!

Advice to Management

Fix the morale issues in the Colorado Springs office. The top employees (Seniors and MRS I's) are led by THE WORST management team I have EVER worked with!!!

Other Employee Reviews for USAA

1. "Great Work Life Balance"

Pros

Great Work Life Balance. The company has a noble mission.
    If you work in San Antonio or Phoenix there is room for progression if you choose to pursue
    Excellent Benefits,Bonus and Tuition Assistance Program.

Cons

Base salaries start low relative to the national averages.

"Misleading crock of you know what"

Former Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The facility looks nice.... (crickets)
    And the facility looks nice with covered parking... (still thinking)
    Umm... I loved my co-workers (for the most part)
    Yep... That's about it.

Cons

So, are you ready?

They lie to new hires about EVERYTHING - yes EVERYTHING. "No, it's not sales, it's helping the member when they mention a need.", turmed into, "If you don't lie to them and get that sale, I may have to fire you.".

FMLA, oh dear FMLA. I kid you not, 80% of people that were there long enough to apply for FMLA were on it. I even considered it once I started crying uncontrollably like an anxiety strickened mess when my weekend ended. Who does that?

And yes, good ol' politics. Luckily, I am very good at these, but for my friends who weren't, well they were escorted out of the building if you know what I mean. You better not disagree with the company views verbally, keep it in your head. Either your manager will slowly fire you or someone trying to save their own *** will report it. A lot of people cheat their results and make sure they report anything that will make them look loyal to the company to keep the focus off of their lies and betrayals. I know it sounds like a work place soap opera, because it is. In less than a year, 7 people on my team more or less tenured were fired. YIKES right? Now you know why everyone is on FMLA. If you're not there you can't be fired;). By the way, only 2 people out of the 16 that were hired with me are there. What does that say?

In a nutshell, DON'T DO IT if you know what's good for you. I would rather be unemployed.

Advice to Management

You all know you hate it too. I have had a few express their outlook on the company (oddly the same as my view). Ease up on the people that pay your salary (the little people). Upper upper management, well you all need a good replacing.