USAA - stop cramming products down our throats! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for USAA

"stop cramming products down our throats!"

Current Employee - Msr in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Msr in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

good benefits; christmas bonus in december

Cons

too far; too much sales pressure

Advice to Management

nothin

Other Employee Reviews for USAA

"Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Full-time employees get lots of time off: at least 3 weeks a year. There are so many on-campus (our campus is hundreds of acres) perks, I can't even name them all: 5 cafeterias, 3 Starbucks, 3 post offices, 3 gyms, tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball, soccer, frisbee golf, running trails, pharmacy, allergy shots, etc. The wardrobe is casual - which means you can wear jeans every day.

Cons

WAY too big; each line of business was built up seperately - still a long way to go before the company works together as one...my happiness has largely depended on the boss I had at the time. I've had awesome, understanding, compassionate bosses, and I've had jerk bosses who refuse to even pretend to listen to your concerns.

Advice to Management

Start giving your employees more credit, but thank you for taking pride in your work and pride in creating a welcoming workplace environment

2. "Just another claims job"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Overall decent insurance company to work for. Do not have to work really hard to get ahead. If you have half a brain you can succeed here. Benefits are decent. Pay is about average with the industry. Most of the members are officers in the military so they are not low life's like what you deal with at other insurance companies.

Cons

Some co workers are incompetent, and so are some managers. Claims Adjusters are not licensed agents so they should not be required to sell insurance products to members. I did not feel comfortable trying to sell life insurance policies to members just in a car accident.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your current hard working employees. Pending is way too high.