USAA - I've Never Been Happier! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "I was started off at base pay even with having ample call center experience" (in 321 reviews)

• "Work life balance is a little lacking" (in 76 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"I've Never Been Happier!"

Current Employee - Software Developer & Integrator III in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Software Developer & Integrator III in Plano, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

USAA is the BEST company I have ever worked for. The people are what make this company so great. The work-life balance is good. The benefits are SUPERB! Even better than Microsoft and Google. They believe in and live their mission statement every hour of every day. The work culture is super fun! This company has great core values and plenty of room for promotions. Lots of company activities. Lots of training opportunities.

Cons

Some locations have more benefits than others. Also, they have more advancement opportunities than smaller locations. Being in a smaller location sometimes makes us feel isolated from the company.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Employes are happy and it shows.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company All-in-All"

I worked at USAA full-time

Pros

Knows how you give support and still support its members

Cons

Good Cons; expect the best out of employees

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Addison, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is decent, bonus is not worth being micro managed to the point of insanity. 401k matching is generous. All other benefits suck.

Cons

HR recruiters and management will lie to you about the job, and what it entails. Before I came to work here they informed me that I would be working with people that have money, BUT I DON'T. I'm a glorified debt counselor. I spend most of my day's dealing with people that have no money, and get transfers from ignorant phone reps that I shouldn't be taking. If you accept this position be prepared to be on the front lines. Everything goes through the Financial Advisors to the other departments. Some day's I'm just a switch board representative. I average 40 to 50 calls per day, and management doesn't put you in a position to succeed. They changed our metrics last year, and now our metrics are products per call. It's hard to succeed when 90% of the calls you take a day are debt calls. This creates a perpetual cycle for all the Advisors, you don't hit your numbers, then your manager puts stress on you because you're not hitting your numbers and you keep taking calls that aren't going to allow you to hit your numbers. DO NOT ACCEPT A POSITION FROM HERE!

Advice to Management

Fix the Financial Advisor role! Your going to keep losing Advisors if you don't do something, then all you'll be able to do is hire uneducated monkeys. Take Advisors off of the front line, teach your reps to transfer people over to us that have money. If people don't have money they don't need to talk to us. Make investment service the front line, and have them qualify leads to send over to us. Take away products per call metric unless you're going to send us people that ONLY HAVE MONEY.

Discover more reviews about USAA.