KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, Great Benefits, Great Culture

Jul 9, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

USAA is one of the best employers in the world. You can work here your entire career and retire nicely with the benefits. - best retirement benefits (3% pension + 8% match to 4% contribution … yeah you read that right). - great pay and bonus structure - great work/life balance

Cons

The tech side can feel slow paced compared to the industry. USAA allows you to dive deep on your technology, but not wide enough to have a lot of context on the entire tech stack. Pay is great but lagging in the industry. USAA is pretty good about keeping up with this though.

Continue reading
    34 people found this review helpful

USAA Response

Thank you for your feedback. USAA takes pride in our core values of Service, Honesty, Loyalty and Integrity. We continue to invest resources and time to explore how we can ensure our employees are satisfied with their jobs and benefits. Technology: In the fast-paced technology race, we continue to examine new capabilities and investments in tech that will improve employee and member experiences. Pay Structures: HR does an annual compensation competitive market analysis for all jobs to ensure our compensation ranges are competitive in the market which allows us to attract and retain diverse talent. Thank you for all that you do.

1. 5.0
    Former Contractor

Great Opp

Aug 10, 2022 - Auto Claims Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic work enviroment, enjoyed working with my group

Cons

No Cons noted, it was a good place to work

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Once you are in, you are in

Aug 11, 2022 - Member Debt Solutions in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have enjoyed a flexible remote working schedule that management respects and does not ask us to work unreasonable hours. The occasional (time and a half) overtime aside, I can count on clocking out each day at a fixed time. It took awhile to make it onto the USAA team officially from my former contractor role, but once I made it as an official hire, I have seen that the company really values keeping you onboard.

Cons

From my experience, the company is very strict on following rigid guidelines regarding raises and promotions. You must hit certain chronological metrics to even be considered for a review of a raise or promotion without exception (believe me I tried!)

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about USAA.

USAA Photos