USABG - Very solid place, great training | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for USABG

"Very solid place, great training"

Current Employee - Agent in Dublin, OH
Current Employee - Agent in Dublin, OH

Pros

Great place, solid management. lots of opportunity

Cons

initial and recurrent monthly expenses, not for someone who has little starting capital.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for USABG

"Left out in the cold"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Florida, Camagüey (Cuba)
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Florida, Camagüey (Cuba)

I worked at USABG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of promises, no substance. Training was mediocre, then the appointment phase, which was kind of obscure as to who or what to apply for. Then you're out the door, wondering what and where to go. No clue as to which leads were the best to purchase and then the website proclaimed that the "better" leads were always sold to the TOP performers and the scrap leads sold to the rest of us.

Cons

Management was literally all for themselves. The weekly sales meeting was all blowing smoke up each others parts and how wonderful they were and so on. The "B" leads were a scam. Understandibly they are "B" leads and be used already. BUT! When you purchase those leads and every loving one of them has already been contacted, at least 10 times, those precious "B" leads aren't worth squat. and thats important went you are running near empty on cash and need, at least a couple out of 100 to pan out.

2. "So thankful for this opportunity"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Spring Hill, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Spring Hill, FL

I have been working at USABG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing Leadership who teaches us to quickly adapt to industry changes, great contracts, best products. I love the opportunity to really help and protect people and let them make informed decisions about their health and life insurance. We have a blast competing with each other across the nation and helping each other grow our businesses. The incentive trips are unbelievable. Nothing is better than hearing from a client, "No one has ever explained insurance to me like this" or "Thank you for telling me about the Accident Plan; you just saved me a lot of money".

Cons

I wish it were a get rich quick deal - ha! It's definitely not! It's hard work! It takes a lot of passion, time, determination. You have to stay plugged-in. I would never recommend someone doing it part time, unless they are just doing it for fun. You need to put a minimum of 40 hours in each week to make a good living. Dealing with the Federal Marketplace is the biggest con. After three years, I thought the Affordable Care Act would be better organized. The pay is slow from Marketplace Plans because of government red-tape. Luckily, there are alternatives.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I love the product spotlights on the National Sales Calls. I love that you celebrate agent's successes.