USG - Great Vision minded executive Staff have a great plan to win through these tough times. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for USG

"Great Vision minded executive Staff have a great plan to win through these tough times."

Current Employee - Engineering
Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at USG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are more communications than ever before from the executive committee which definitely helps motivate employees. Lately our teams plan to win has created our own company recession recovery which has motivated all employees from senior executives to the operator level. We have seen our first pay raise in some time as promised and looking forward to the future with great faith in our executive leaders.

Cons

Some USG location seem slow to adapt to new technology but getting better.
Still have unrealistic deadlines to meet which stunt project growth due to manpower shortages.

Advice to Management

Continue the communications and try to speed up the adaptation of new technologies at all plants.

Other Employee Reviews for USG

"Great company in a currently bad economy"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager

Pros

Great people and plenty of room to grow for employees. There are great mentors available in this organization. People respect one another

Cons

USG is a company in the extremely competitive wallboard industry. This when added to the current economic situation, salary freezes and constant layoffs makes the company unattractive to young employees and middle tier upwardly mobile staff.

Advice to Management

To better maximize on involuntary severances, aim higher in the organization. Too often, cuts were taken from the lower levels of staff in the organization - the doers. Overtime, all that is left is the delegators who have an excellent track record for fending off new work. Eliminate that layer to bring back innovation

2. "A Good Place to Work"

Pros

Industry Leader with great reputation for quality and service.
    Many talented people who work hard and are helpful to fellow employes

Cons

The on going depression characteristics of the building materials business has resulted in constant layoffs with many good people terminated.

Advice to Management

There is too much capacity in the industry. We need to reduce ours further and buy other companies that have plants were we are not competitive.