USHEALTH Advisors - My Worth / My Freedom / My Life | Glassdoor

"My Worth / My Freedom / My Life"

Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So many people look for a "base" salary or the security of a paycheck, that's for people who have never considered the dream - what it would be like to be PAID what they are WORTH. When you invest in you, the rewards are unparalleled. I never wanted a base, I wanted a chance to work where there is no ceiling. Welcome to USHEALTH Advisors. It's been a 19 year run in the insurance industry (after 15 years as a TV producer and reporter) and a nearly 5 year run with USHA. There's never been a question this is one of the greatest opportunities in America... and in life for that matter. What I have always looked for in being self-employed, is the chance to earn my worth and to do it on a platform of helping and serving. HOPE is not some strange acronym, it's what happens here: Helping Other People Everyday. Isn't that what we all want in life, to feel valued and appreciated and make others feel the same? Here at USHEALTH Advisors there is all of that with constant support, an amazing culture with great leaders, teamwork - and the realization that the sky really is the limit, if you put in the work. In addition, there is the piece you can never put a price tag on - the freedom and flexibility to be with family and friends, on my terms, with my schedule and be there for all of the important moments in life. I can't imagine what life would be like being forced to work for someone else again. You only get one shot in life and this is a great one to take! For anyone on the fence, just change the way you think about things and the things you think about will change. You can take control of your life at USHEALTH Advisors and change the lives of other people, every single day.

Cons

Not sure there is really a downside. Sales is what sales has always been, the highest paying job in the world if you work and the lowest paying job if you don't. Put in the effort and you can be rewarded and make your dreams come true.

Advice to Management

Continue to create the culture we all love and always look to serve clients first and never forget - the agent is king.

USHEALTH Advisors2019-07-22

"Greatest Company ever"

Current Contractor - Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors for more than a year

Pros

Being able to help different people everyday. Flexible hours with great reward. I love being with this company. Before I started here I had no insurance or sales experience. I have had great mentors from day one, who have provided the tools and training I have needed to help become successful. I am so grateful for everyone here.

Cons

Not enough time in the day to help enough people.

USHEALTH Advisors2019-11-22

"Former employee, never going back"

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here. First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative. Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off. All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck. My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here. Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

Advice to Management

PLEASE take care of your agents. They are MORE important than your managers. If you see FTA's and FSL's leaving PLEASE investigate the situation. Not everyone can make it in this business, but if someone was good enough to get a leadership role and then leaves, you have a serious problem. The rule still holds for the most part. People do not quit companies, they quit managers. I will continue to recommend USHA, however, I have been there long enough to recommend the right office if it is available, and if they are placed in an office I know is in trouble, I will continue to steer them elsewhere.

USHEALTH Advisors2017-06-19

Discover more reviews about USHEALTH Advisors.