UTC Aerospace Systems - UTC bought out Goodrich and the culture has changed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UTC Aerospace Systems

"UTC bought out Goodrich and the culture has changed"

Current Employee - Manager in Chula Vista, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Chula Vista, CA

I have been working at UTC Aerospace Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with and I have given a lot of opportunities over the years to grow.

Cons

UTC is now pretty cut throat since we are no longer Goodrich.

Other Employee Reviews for UTC Aerospace Systems

"Good people but "challenging" work environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Windsor Locks, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Windsor Locks, CT

I have been working at UTC Aerospace Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Industry leader in aerospace with aggressive goals and growth potential. Lots of opportunity to find your niche and diversify your career. Many locations throughhout the world. Work force is diversifying with more young people being hired. Very few layoffs compared to the rest of UTC.

Cons

Chronically understaffed and management reluctant to provide resources to meet company goals. With acquisition of Goodrich, Operations organization has been in constant flux. Some unrealistic expectations from Senior management who has little understanding of situation on the ground.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words.

2. "Awesome Company"

Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Windsor Locks, CT
    Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Windsor Locks, CT

I worked at UTC Aerospace Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, place a huge emphasis on ethics and educating its work force. Work challenges its employees daily. There is great opportunity for upward movement in the company. As an intern, they place huge importance on educating us about the company and the opportunities that are provided with the company. They also expose us to professionals that have had upward movement and can give younger professionals and future professionals. The best part about the company in my eyes is the opportunity to further your education. They do not reluctantly approve for you to further your education they encourage it! Over the life of the company they have invested well over 1 Billion Dollars into their employees going to school. That is beyond awesome. I would recommend anyone who is smart, ethical and willing to work hard to go to UTC.

Cons

The fast pace sometimes does not allow for weaknesses in employees to be developed. It is important for employees to feel like they are constantly developing

Advice to Management

Keep Doing what you are doing. Make sure to understand a workers strength and weaknesses and be sure to develop the weakness and exploit the strengths