Uber - The Best Job of my Life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Uber

"The Best Job of my Life"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Each city acts as their own startup. You make the best decisions possible for your city as a team. There is no micro-management, no big overhead, and no limiting constraints. HQ empowers you to make the best decisions for your specific city, and it's incredible. I'm obsessed with working here and helping Uber grow.

Cons

Don't work for Uber if you're not willing to miss major holidays like New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, etc. This is the time when we are the busiest. It's really not that big a deal--you can still celebrate with your coworkers, and it's kinda fun.

Also, if you don't like to work hard (and work smart), then Uber won't be a good fit for you. They're seriously only looking for the best who really believe in the company and want to help continue its growth.

Finally, if you are uncomfortable with taking (calculated) risks, and doing things that have never been done before, you should steer clear of Uber. Our culture supports bringing new and innovative ideas to the table from every city around the world.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome, stay inspirational. You guys rock.

Other Employee Reviews for Uber

1. "Extremadamente trabajo estresante, especialmente si estás en la ciudad de Nueva York."

Current Freelancer - UberX Driver
    Current Freelancer - UberX Driver

Pros

eliges tu propio horario, trabajas cuando quieras, viernes sabado y domingo hay mucho trabajo

Cons

el trafico en manhattan es terrible,muchas reglas de transito y un alto porcentaje de que puedas perder tu licencia de conducir en 12 meses ya que hay mucho policia encubierto poniendo ticket

Advice to Management

La mayoría de los clientes son extremadamente grosero y desagradable.
    Me refiero a lograr que la gente que no dicen "hola" o "adiós" o "Gracias".
    Sí, hay excepciones ya veces hay gente muy agradable pero es bastante raro.

Los clientes llegan a calificar el conductor en cualquier de los casos esta el ac muy frio,que no le gusta el aroma del auto etc, lo que significa que si un cliente esta comiendo en el carro si le dices que no puede comer ya uno sabe que se vengara de ti en la calificacion,
    los clientes creen que es un servicio de limosina y en realidad es un taxi amarillo pero de color negro

Los clientes hacen saber todo truco acerca de la calificación y se comportan de la manera que

2. "It's a rip off"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

You work at your leisure

Cons

Needing quick cash, I decided to try uber out. Looking into it further is when I realized that being a driver for uber is an absolute scam. Uber takes 25% of your earnings. What other employer makes you pay to work for them? I made a total of $37 in 5hrs which didn't take into account the gas and mileage I put on my car. After all is said and done, it actually cost me money. It's a genius plan for the people who created uber though. They're sitting pretty making money off of desperate people trying to make quick cash. In conclusion, I realized that as a rider, it's great because it's so cheap. As an owner, you're making a killing for doing nothing (kudos). But as a driver it costs you money to drive for them. Therefore I do not recommend.

Advice to Management

Consider structuring how you make a profit differently. The service is already so cheap, you're really screwing the naive people you have driving for you. You should charge the rider a surcharge for using the service, not the poor drivers that are either desperate for cash or have no idea what it's actually costing them.