Uber - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Santiago

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great culture & dynamic environment - carrier opportunities - friendly atmosphere - work with super smart people

Cons

- long hiring process - hard & challenging work (not for everyone)

Uber2019-04-25
  1. "Ultimate Freedom"

Current Employee - Uber Eats Driver in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Instant cashout up to 5 times a day, constant delivery requests 24/7, can go online and work whenever I want, I can cancel a delivery whenever needed, easy to use app, no dress code or vehicle restrictions besides paperwork like license, registration, and insurance. That's it. Great pay tbh..... can work nearly any state so if u travel u can still work. Several benefits like college, gas, etc. Literally a dream job.

Cons

Obviously repetitive. Extremely repetitive. But that's what delivery is so it's not really a con... Most jobs are repetitive. It's mindless. U just pickup, deliver, pickup, deliver, pickup, deliver, pickup deliver... Over and over and over and over and over again and again and again. Which is why they say it's more like supplemental income. I do it full-time right now so you can imagine how I feel lmao. The good thing is I've been learning a lot by seeing so many bars, restaurants, and other food chains. Also discovering my city and beyond. I'm in the DMV so I've been all over northern virginia, DC, and Maryland. So this kind of offsets the simplicity of this job. I'm not only traveling/discovering, but I'm also learning about people's lifestyle, living conditions, food choices, mannerisms etc. I'm seeing so many different homes, neighborhoods, etc. So much context if you have a curious mind. But if you just see it as a lil job to finesse some money real quick and don't pay attention to your surroundings and literally just pickup and deliver, then it can get quite painful.

Continue reading
    Uber2020-02-06

"On a Great Path Forward!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

High standards, but high devotion as well. They're committed to my success as much as they are their own. And man...the workplace perks are a huge plus. Feels like I'm working towards a better future for myself and my city.

Cons

No 401k match. I get it, they want you to invest in the company, but I'd rather have more retirement than snacks and catered food. Probably a minority opinion but still notable.

Continue reading
    Uber2019-10-01

Discover more reviews about Uber.