Uber - A fast-paced, motivating environment where everyone hustles | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Uber

"A fast-paced, motivating environment where everyone hustles"

Current Employee - Community Operations Manager
Current Employee - Community Operations Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is not only committed to the vision of the company, but they're committed to discovering that vision in cases where we're dealing with new territories or fresh projects for the business. The culture is experimental, empowering, and everyone in the room is smarter than you. If you see a gap or have an idea for how to optimize a process, you can act on your solution if you can justify why it's worth trying. Push back is always solicited and no one worries about stepping on toes -- it's all good, because we all know that the best idea wins. You're privy to a great deal of data and knowledge about what the company is up to, which creates a real sense of buy-in and ownership over what we're building.

Cons

As expected, it's a fast-paced environment. You feel like you're constantly behind, so you need to know how to channel that stress into motivation and productive energy. Work-life balance is tough, but it's because everyone loves the cool things they get to do so much that they don't want to stop doing them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep the culture transparent, keep the trust among the employees, keep empowering us to run with our ideas. Be more vocal about encouraging us to take time to focus on our health, wellness, and life outside of Uber every once in a while.

Other Employee Reviews for Uber

"Great company to work for!"

Pros

Cutting edge, disruptive, innovative, creative company.
    An awesome work culture.
    It's an exciting place to work. People at Uber are passionate, talented and creative. The Leadership is passionate and has vision, and they are very transparent. The company cares about employees and works hard to keep them engaged and happy. We work hard and play hard, get ready to hustle. Benefits are great!

Cons

It is still a start up but it is one of the best places I've ever worked for, and the resources are great.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with employees
    Keep innovating

2. "NY/NJ is the best"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Uber rolled out a navigation application for drivers on its iPhone recently, to and from destination which is GREAT!! Made my life/work so much more easier and efficient. Been driving for Uber x for a few months now and I have to say: NY/NJ is a great place to make $, NJ gas is cheap and I have a 4 cylinder new car, otherwise, you will not cover your over head and will barely break even. (not relating this comment to uber SUV and Black car, its a different ball game). Location you work in is everything in this job. No company in any industry is perfect out there but dont read in too much about negative aspects of Uber's set up; its overly exaggerated. Job as a driver is not easy period, and especially some days you feel like its all a waste of effort on your part, but this is what being a driver is all about: you have to have thick skin and brass balls.

Cons

fare prices could and should be hiked