Ulta Beauty - Short but sweet | Glassdoor

"Short but sweet"

Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Smyrna, GA
Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Smyrna, GA

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent base pay, good people, great for those with social skills, simple opening and closing strategies, easy to follow dress code, company keeps up with raises well

Cons

bad and expensive health insurance coverage, working with a lot of women means petty arguments, somewhat unorganized

Advice to Management

Anything personal should be handled OFF the sales floor

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Managers display worse leadership and communication skills than my high school student council."

Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Cary, NC

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learning about good makeup and hair products and, over time, building relationships with frequent customers, some of whom are the nicest people. Oftentimes, the relationships you build with other employees turn into close friendships.

Cons

Members of management are the biggest con about the Cary Ulta. I've seen excellent management teams in the past. This group, however, is made up of the most Immature, lazy, overly demanding, irresponsible, unsympathetic, selfish, derogatory, hypocritical, unorganized, clueless people I've ever had to work with.

Advice to Management

Treat employees the way you would like to be treated. Be fair. Communicate with each other and stop blaming problems on other people. Taking the blame is a part of leadership. Learn what good leadership consists of and then practice it. At the very least, start leading by example.

"Very rewarding"

Current Employee - Technical Trainer and Designer Stylist in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer and Designer Stylist in Palmdale, CA

Pros

Ulta takes a lot of pride in there salon staff and give them regular education I don't think they know how lucky they are to get paid for the top education in the hair industry .

Cons

In my experience salon managers and store managers need more comunication and work more like a team

Advice to Management

When hireing salon managment they need way more education on technical sides and care more about there staff then building there own book