Ulta Beauty - Current employee treated unfairly. Carrollton, TX | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Current employee treated unfairly. Carrollton, TX"

Current Employee - Hairstylist in Carrollton, TX
Current Employee - Hairstylist in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to interact with guests! The training they provide is exceptional! The discount is great, if you love makeup! The atmosphere is great and so are some of the people I work with.

Cons

Hours, unrealistic goals, dishonesty, unfairness, broken promises. No matter how efficient you are in your work and you always keep busy, the managers are never satisfied. Favoritism is a big factor and that's an understatement. Forget about talking to management about problems because they don't care and they are quick to make up things that you do wrong and when you call them on it, they all of a sudden have to take a call. I am not one to complain, but I mean if you only knew what I was talking about you would understand. Get on the managers bad side and they decide to take you out of training classes unknowingly and then call you at the last minute to let you know. Oh, and if your good at what you do, they cut your hours and throw you under the bus, just to take all the clients. The level of greed in the salon is outrageous. We are suppose to be a team, what happened to all the things they say in meetings about being a team? Apparently, management believes that there is an "I" in team.

Advice to Management

Not that you care to read this and actually take it into consideration, I take pride in my work. I have over 8 years of experience doing what I do, including customer service and to be treated the way I do is not only sexist, but wrong in many ways that can be taken to the FTC and BBB. I have been taken out of training classes while others took training and I have still not received it. There are many problems with the management in this location, particulary in salon management. It doesn't have to be this way if you only, I mean really, cared about your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Get a second job if you wanna work here only management gets decent hours."

Current Employee - Task Team in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Task Team in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the coworkers are friendly and nice. Its like a family working there
    Task team dosen't have to deal too much with customers since duties are done before and after store hours
    Occasional gratis
    Very good at advancement within the company. All the managers started out in lower positions.

Cons

You dont get alot of hours. Your lucky to get 10 hours a week and thats a good week if you don't get a lot of shipment you just end up with 4 or 5
    . The job decription says your supposed to be trained to know cashier duties (which is mainly why I applied since the cashier positions were filled) none of us have been trained at all.
    This is a nice second job, but not a place you wanna work for your only job. I quit my previous job thinking I was gonna get hours and I had a rude awakenig I went from making over 800 dollars a month working 25-30 hours a week to making 100-150 bucks a month. It really caused a lot of problems for me. So if you work here make sure you have a second job.

Advice to Management

Give your employess decent hours and maybe morale will improve and people will enjoy working there and give your task associates more oppourtunites to be involved in store contests and activities.

"Users and Abusers"

Former Employee - Esthetician in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Esthetician in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Started at full time at asking pay, provided list of previous clients to draw current clients, provided business cards. Allowed to place order for what Esthetics supplies were needed.

Cons

To say that I walked into my employment as the sole Esthetician of the Ulta Salon (Tukwila,WA) with an open mind, would be an understatement. I stepped into the role three months after graduating from Esthetics school and I was grateful for the opportunity. In the three weeks I worked at Tukwila Ulta, I received little to no guidance on signature facial treatments, and I received no new product to supplement the spa. Despite these deficiencies, I was required to perform Esthetics services with neither company knowledge or proper supplies. I adapted with what was available. To my knowledge, I was responsible for bringing in an average of $200 worth of services per working day.

At the end of my first three weeks working for the company, I was abruptly fired with management citing as the reasons for my termination that I had offered free services and had received multiple client complaints. I was surprised because of course I hadn't offered any free services and had never been told about any client complaints, if in fact these complaints existed at all. When I asked for information as to the nature of the client complaints, I was told that the management was not allowed to give me that information. I was also informed that I was being fired because I had worn my hair in a ponytail even though I supposedly had been warned by several managers not to. No such conversations had ever taken place. I was amazed and horrified that the management would actually tell such a blatant lie in order to have the excuse to fire me. I am still not sure why I was really fired.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees, provide proper training, and provide proper supplies.