Ulta Beauty - Worst company with worst management I have ever worked for! TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT AT BUCKHEAD ULTA ATLANTA!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Worst company with worst management I have ever worked for! TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT AT BUCKHEAD ULTA ATLANTA!!"

Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gratis to prestige cosmetics employees - sometimes. Christmas discount of 40% - but won't tell you when and tell you at last minute and its always on week we aren't paid.

Cons

everyone is part time, no guarantee of hours - cut hours often. management unfair and fires excellent employees often and did recently. Pay increases of a dime or quarter. terrible morale and it only gets worse. they put back items that have been returned and used.

Advice to Management

Corporate seems to dislike all employees - no reason to go into management - all Ulta employees are miserable unless they have been there under 6 or 9 months and haven't figured it out yet. Cheapest company in the world. What makes management happy? who knows....

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Poor Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, good people to work with, competitive salary

Cons

Relentless pace, company pushes and pushes to the point of burning people out. Provides very little training for IT staff.

Advice to Management

Create a culture people want to be a part of not want to leave because they are burnt out.

"Some dogs are treated better!!!"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Joplin, MO

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits but expensive..good discount!!

Cons

Being disrespected not only by your GM but your DM as well.
    don't ever think you can file a harassment complaint confidentially to HR without it being shared with the person you complained about before an internal investigation can be completed and then your DM lying to you about it. Unrealistic goals for a new location not only for the store but for the salon. Only being able to give talented stylists 10-12 hours and then they want you to hire more. They say you can make as much as you want, but that is simply not so when it's a new salon. It has to grow. Whoever is advising them for the salon industry doesn't know anything about building a business.
    The other managers are all transferring to another location just to get away from the present GM, due to her bully tactics. They are afraid to say anything for fear of retaliation, even though the company has a "No Retaliation" policy, that is a joke just like a confidential complaint.
    When your DM can't see what is in front of her nose, it's hard to try and explain it.
    Eventually maybe they will get it, but I doubt it.
    Please read these reviews, yes there are a few that like Ulta, but then again I don't think they uprooted their life to move to another city and state for a company that they thought would be a great move for. My bad.
    I am going back to the company that I came from, that knows how to treat it's employees and respects them.

Advice to Management

When you say confidential mean it. Make sure your GM wasn't under suspicion for harassment at another company before you hire her and listen when the employees are trying to tell you something. They just might know what they are talking about. Make more visits when she is not there..it will be surprising what you might find out..You might learn how she is manipulating things to make budget and make her bonuses..as well as everyone else doing her job!!!