Ulta Beauty - If the shareholders knew.......... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

"If the shareholders knew.........."

Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* 401K package
* Medical benefits if needed
* Vendor support from great companies
* If you are a "yes" man, opportunity for advancement
* Currently fastest growing leader in the Beauty Industry
* Good employees who really want to make a difference.

Cons

* No work / life balance...you either work or you don't.
* Recruiters are not honest about what the job entails
* Culture is about power and money...Employees work in a culture of fear and demoralization.
* No training
* Company says guest focus is first and then gives store 10 hours for 24 hours of tasking. It can not be done.
* Hard working associates are leaving every day because of above and executives do not care. Therefore, the training that does get squeezed in is lost. No one gets that it costs more to find an employee than to keep one.
* HR is non-existant.
* Many stores are so old equipment does not work and cannot be replaced. GM is held accountable even if nothing can be done to fix the issue. DM pretends they don't know when they do, and RVP tells you how they would do it, even though they have no idea what the GM is going through to try and get things fixed. Chaos.

Advice to Management

People will work just as hard, if not harder under leadership that is supportive and understanding. Fear of losing one's job has no place in any culture. Training is a huge disconnect, so give some money for it. Hold your leadership accountable for the high turnover. Ask them "Why?" Give exit interviews.

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"What a waste of time!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun working atmosphere (on the rare occasion you get to work) - opportunity to learn more about the products) - clean, bright atmosphere

Cons

Hired twice as many employees than they needed when store opened 2 months ago. Got plenty of hours during set up and Grand Opening then virtually nothing since. We were led to believe that a "part-time job" would be 15-20 hours a week now, if you're lucky you'll get 4 hours a week and many weeks NO hours at all. Store managers say that upper mgmt. is making them "cut hours" and they don't have any budgets to work anyone. I've been the only employee in the retail part of the store and have been sent home to have the managers do all the work including cashiering. Most of the shifts for Black Friday were cancelled and I have had ZERO hours during the Christmas rush ... sure can't expect any after the holidays, either. I have to go through the humiliation of calling in every Friday and being told I'm not scheduled for the next week. I really love this store and just want to go into work and help make it a success but I feel like I'm being treated like dirt and strung along. This is the unprofessional outfit I've ever experienced!

Advice to Management

DON'T OVER-HIRE!! If you are going to consider someone an employee give them some work. Have schedules ready earlier than 2 days before the work week.

"Unorganized employers."

Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Fenton, MO
    Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Fenton, MO

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The discount on store items and salon treatments.

Cons

They are unorganized on the hiring process and don't schedule all employees unless you call and ask.