Ulta Beauty - It's crazy to see that not only my ulta stinks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

"It's crazy to see that not only my ulta stinks."

Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pro? Hmmm I guess some of the staff I have gotten very close too. And the discount isn't to bad.

Cons

Schedule is never up on time, hours are horrible. Management is money hungry, does not care about employees. There's a high turnover, they can't keep anyone. You are more of a cleaning lady then anything else. Pay is not good. Getting gratis is like pulling teeth. I think its givin to everyone else but presitge. No room for growth.. Is very stressful place to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Laughable hours, horrible work experience"

Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Livonia, MI

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- good products to work with

Cons

- for prestige: may tell you to expect 30 hrs/week, when i quit i was getting less than 5
    - management (not LP) watching you on store cameras, telling you to hound customers in your earpiece
    - all employees have extra cleaning/maintenance tasks that should be contracted out
    - open sales environment means customers don't NEED to be helped, so prestige consultants are often sent home early
    - never more than one prestige consultant scheduled at once, yet expected to handle an entire salesfloor

Advice to Management

it would be nice if store managers didn't lie during interviews or give overinflated expectations, especially if employees can't also work for a competitor; management needs to be more concerned with advertisement and getting customers into stores rather than watching employees' every move.

"They led me on to believe they were a great company to work for."

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-A good discount.
    -Free haircut with employment.
    -Good discount on salon services.
    -Customers are friendly.

Cons

-Employees are incredibly stuck up regardless of what they try to tell you beforehand.
    -Management treats you like crap.
    -Pay is low.

Maybe I wasn't there long enough, but they barely gave me a chance to even show what kind of employee I am. I worked there for a few weeks and I really enjoyed it. Management always talked down to me, but I looked past it, trying to prove to them that I was great with sales and interacting with customers. Before I knew it though, I had zero hours for three weeks straight. That's when I stopped embarrassing myself by showing up and calling to check the schedule. I tried to stay with them and push through but in the end, I couldn't take the disrespectful treatment I was receiving.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like decent human beings.