Ulta Beauty - It's crazy to see that not only my ulta stinks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

"It's crazy to see that not only my ulta stinks."

Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pro? Hmmm I guess some of the staff I have gotten very close too. And the discount isn't to bad.

Cons

Schedule is never up on time, hours are horrible. Management is money hungry, does not care about employees. There's a high turnover, they can't keep anyone. You are more of a cleaning lady then anything else. Pay is not good. Getting gratis is like pulling teeth. I think its givin to everyone else but presitge. No room for growth.. Is very stressful place to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Laughable hours, horrible work experience"

Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Livonia, MI

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- good products to work with

Cons

- for prestige: may tell you to expect 30 hrs/week, when i quit i was getting less than 5
    - management (not LP) watching you on store cameras, telling you to hound customers in your earpiece
    - all employees have extra cleaning/maintenance tasks that should be contracted out
    - open sales environment means customers don't NEED to be helped, so prestige consultants are often sent home early
    - never more than one prestige consultant scheduled at once, yet expected to handle an entire salesfloor

Advice to Management

it would be nice if store managers didn't lie during interviews or give overinflated expectations, especially if employees can't also work for a competitor; management needs to be more concerned with advertisement and getting customers into stores rather than watching employees' every move.

2. "Loved it, but"

Current Employee - Task Team Member in Seal Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Task Team Member in Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

got hired to put the store together before the grand opening. worked almost every day for a week with 8 hour shift. got ample breaks about 4, 3-15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch plus 2 free bottles of water. Work tired you out but it was simple to do and was $9.00 an hour which was great! the discount was amazing as well, 20% off everything, even sale and a free haircut when hired. all was well until the store finally opened. The last time I worked was the grand opening and I haven't worked since then (over 2 months). I asked 2 times for some hours, ANY at all but all I got in reply was they didn't have the payroll for it and if anything comes up they'll contact me back. I guess most temporary task(stock) employees aren't given any hours after the opening. the only employees ive seen working there since are higher up in the business like the head of clinique makeup artist, the hairstylists, managers, and 1 maybe 2 cashiers. no task. its a shame, since i love working there but can't get any hours.

Cons

no hours. basically you're in the system as employeed, but you don't get any hours if you're a temporary task member

Advice to Management

give at least some hours to the task members instead of giving it to just the managers and higher paid employees. some people have no income while you keep giving it to others who already make more than twice what you do.