Ulta Beauty - They led me on to believe they were a great company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

"They led me on to believe they were a great company to work for."

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-A good discount.
-Free haircut with employment.
-Good discount on salon services.
-Customers are friendly.

Cons

-Employees are incredibly stuck up regardless of what they try to tell you beforehand.
-Management treats you like crap.
-Pay is low.

Maybe I wasn't there long enough, but they barely gave me a chance to even show what kind of employee I am. I worked there for a few weeks and I really enjoyed it. Management always talked down to me, but I looked past it, trying to prove to them that I was great with sales and interacting with customers. Before I knew it though, I had zero hours for three weeks straight. That's when I stopped embarrassing myself by showing up and calling to check the schedule. I tried to stay with them and push through but in the end, I couldn't take the disrespectful treatment I was receiving.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like decent human beings.

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

1. "ulta"

Current Employee - Esthetician
    Current Employee - Esthetician

Pros

work with makeup and skincare all day, being able to help clients find products right for them, the co workers are great.

Cons

training could be better, hiring more than enough people for as little hours they have, feel like employees aren't valued the way they should be

Advice to Management

get better at product knowledge for employees, better training all together. make sure the one hand knows what the other hand is doing

"So much to accomplish,so little time...."

Current Employee - Designer
    Current Employee - Designer

Pros

Benefits are great,opportunity for growth is there if you are competent,Corporate will listen to all levals of employees.

Cons

High volume stores,being very busy and profitable,are sometimes lacking in the time (hours)needed for effective communication.

Advice to Management

To fulfill all expectations,as the Mission statement would have,we need more hours for effective,prompt customer service.