Ulta Beauty - Love my Job | Glassdoor

"Love my Job"

Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Geneva, IL
Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Geneva, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for three years, they have been very good to me.I have been promoted and would like to go further with company.

Cons

Management and Corporate somewhat inconsistent. Not sure what policies are from day to day. Stores seem to all do things differently.

Advice to Management

Don't act like you are better than your team. We truly need to be a team to succeed. Let team know we are valued, don't speak down to us.

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Adequate"

Current Employee - Hair Designer II in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Hair Designer II in Naples, FL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ulta offers benefits,even if you work minimal hours. It's a fun atmosphere to work in. It's all makeup and hair products, so there's lots to play in.

Cons

You have to jump through many many hoops to qualify for benefits as a hair stylist no matter how many hours you work.
    Also, there's lousy communication and accountability. Bad managers are not held accountable, and employees are often left feeling unheard and unappreciated.

"If There Was An Option For No Stars....."

Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Discount
    -Flexible schedule
    -Salon discount is nice
    That's about it.

Cons

-Horrible pay
    -Underappreciated
    -Extremely demanding for no reason
    -Made to bleach down the whole store (IN ALL BLACK!) but they won't provide an allowance for all the clothes you mess up
    -You're more of a janitor than a cashier
    -Entitled customers that don't understand the concept of a coupon with fine print. You've been a "loyal" customer for "years" yet you still don't know that you can't use a 3.50 coupon on Bare Minerals.
    -No breaks
    -You can barely keep water at the cash wrap and they when you ask to go get some they look at you as if you're going to be gone for hours. You end up feeling like you're an inmate smuggling cigarettes.
    -After 3 years, and constantly being recognized as the only person who contributes to Brand success, there's still no benefits, breaks, or pay. A .14cent raise? really?
    -The only reason I'm still here is because I like getting my hair done for 20 bucks :)

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap! If your employees feel appreciated and valued, the customer service would be extraordinary. But when you treat your employees like crap,