Ulta Beauty - Enjoyed working here part-time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Enjoyed working here part-time"

Pros

Flexible hours and easy to work with managers

Cons

Hours are limited and no room for moving up

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Started out great but ended horribly!"

Former Employee - Prestige Manager in Union Gap, WA
    Former Employee - Prestige Manager in Union Gap, WA

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

gratis was great and store discount was nice

Cons

The DM is full of lies and broken promises. If you don't get in good with her she will make it miserable for you.

Advice to Management

Quit conning people into positions that you are not going to honor. GM needs to start doing her job and DM needs to stop lying...carma is gonna come back at you soon.

"Just a nightmare"

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

Discount is not bad but should be better, the gratis is nice. But we should get gratis more often. Seeing and testing out new products before everyone else. I have great coworkers and that's pretty much the only thing keeping me here. Oh and some of the sweet customers too.

Cons

Oh boy.... where to begin? The pay. $10.5 an hour. That is terrible. I should be getting at LEAST 13. I went to Mud in NYC. Which is a very good and very expensive school. So for me to be only getting paid 10.5 is just insane. The hours SUCK. I have never had a week where I worked more than 29 hours. Getting 29 hours for a week at ulta is few and far between. Some weeks I am only getting 8 hours!! What am I gonna do with that?!?! Sometimes the hours are better. Other weeks you better hope someone calls out so that you can take their shift. Which sometimes is way too often but for some reason is when I have a lot of hours that week. Which can get annoying. Constantly being called and having to go in. But I will take the hours I can get from them. I have covered a lot for my prestige manager and for another girl in particular. They did give me more hours than the other prestige girls for doing that. But now it's the other way around. Which I am ticked about. Since I have gone above and beyond for this company. I have covered left and right for people. Corporate has now changed the whole half hour break thing. So now over 5 hours you HAVE to clock out and not get paid for a half hour. It used to be over six hours you did that and at 6 hours you pick either 30 min not paid. Or 15 paid. And then anything under 6 you get a 15 paid. Now they changed it which is stupid. Ulta tries to cut corners and save money with little things like this. They are so cheap. Cheaper than Fred from I Love Lucy!! We also all have to do truck. Which is unloading the stock and putting it on the shelves. I wasn't hired to do this. I was hired to help people with makeup and sell products and apply make up. There are constant updates. Meaning a section of the store or a specific brand gets all rearranged. It is a long process. So it cuts into the time you have to sell products and help customers. I don't know how they expect for you to make money for them and yourself (The more I sell the more hours I will get the following week) if you are always doing all of these other things. Wags. Which are either these strips or tiny pieces of paper that go under the flaps or on the ledge of the shelves for each brand. They get switched out and are a pain to do. Also they expect us to be security guards too. Prestige girls have to constantly watch fragrance if there are people in that section. I was NOT hired to be a security guard. I am not going to confront someone who is stealing. God forbid they have a gun or knife or something on them. I'm sorry but risking my life for a job is not worth it. My life is more valuable than some stupid perfumes. I have gone to two training things. Both of which I had to travel and they have to reimburse me for the gas and tolls. The first one they owe me $55 the second they owe me $45. It took them over two months to send the second check
     I am still currently waiting for my first check of $55. I have only been here for 6 and a half months and already I want to leave. Most of my coworkers want to too. The only thing keeping me here is my coworkers and the discount some what. Some of the customers too and for the experience and money. Not that the money is much anyways but I need it. By the way it has been over three months already since my first training!! Talk about poor treatment of their employees. This place has so much potential to be a great place to work. It is just a matter of corporate stepping up and start appreciating their employees. This places is just full of empty promises.