Ulta Beauty - Ulta Beauty | Glassdoor

"Ulta Beauty"

Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people in the store you work at become your family. It is an all together satisfying experience where you learn about the current trends in beauty and gain knowledge of products and their uses.

Cons

You will have to deal with the occasional ugly customer but since it is retail, it is expected. Sometimes, I find that the ideas or processes passed down by corporate isn't consistent.

Advice to Management

I would suggest looking through and making things more consistent. Products of the same nature should have the same abbreviations and not be alternated. This is a problem I find often in our planograms which makes it somewhat difficult for some hires to understand. There is a lack of consistency and sometimes a lack of clear communication.

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Fantastic!"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of room for advancement (I started as part time..9 hours a week, at just above minimum wage. Within 6 months, I received 2 promotions, and within a year, a third promotion, guaranteed 40+ hours a week, full health benefits, and a very substantial salary increase.) , awesome discount, gratis, fun environment, getting to make people feel beautiful!

Cons

Small lack of communication between managers and associates, very corporate.

Advice to Management

Be more clear in your communication with other staff.

"Former creative: terrible experience!"

Current Employee - Creative in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Creative in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free beauty products almost weekly, dry cleaning services, starbucks coffee available for purchase, on-site cafeteria food options, yearly deep discounts in-store

Cons

Despite a stellar performance review I was constantly verbally abused by my manager. She was unkind to the point of not saying hello to anyone in the halls. She built a case against me and essentially fired me although I never missed a deadline, exceeded in my creative craft and got along with all members of the team.
    Additionally the creative director would do my job in front of me. I sat there watching. I was available to work yet he took over and it left me twiddling my thumbs. As if I did not exist.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and don't let the "mean girls" there continue to run the show. There are good, talented, hardworking people being crapped on. It costs you more money to chase the good people away, anyway.