Ulta Beauty - It's OK, but I think it depends which store you are working in. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

"It's OK, but I think it depends which store you are working in."

Current Employee - Prestige Consultant
Current Employee - Prestige Consultant

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount and gratis is definitely a plus

Cons

Unless you are management you are strictly part-time. Period. There is room for growth, but only if you're "in" with the managers, regardless of your ability to do your job. Corporate makes ridiculous demands; I'd like them to go HALF a day doing what we do daily! I wanted very much to work my way up to corporate level, but after experiencing everything I have for the almost two years I've worked here there is no way I will continue to apply for these jobs any longer. The way managers are treated is great, but the way Associates are treated is disgusting.

Advice to Management

Remember that the people under you, your associates, are what make you; so treat them fairly and like equals. If you don't have a good team then your NPS will always be low!

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"Awful place to be working"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great merchandise, clean environment, decent pay, nice staff

Cons

minimal hours, sporadic scheduling, the staff told me that they couldn't schedule me because of "lack of hours"

Advice to Management

I once went to Ulta to take advantage of my employee discount to purchase some skin care products and that was when I found out that I'd been terminated and the staff at Ulta never bothered to contact me to let me know. My advice is to always let employees know if they've been terminated, whatever the reason.

"Reinventing the Wheel"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great Company Benefits
    -Growing company
    -High visibility in Chicago Market
    -Corporate partners always available to support store teams
    -Company Values define the companies future growth and assure company viability in a multi-faceted market

Cons

-Part Time employment remains a challenge congruently affecting turnover which is considered a high measurable
    -Full time employment is only offered to management staff and creating high turnover for well qualified applicants at every level
    -Leadership heavily praises politics
    -A very Task focus high paced work environment, management is not entirely focused on the customer contradicting specific company values.
    -Payroll is a constant challenge especially in low volume stores operating on difficult expectations
    -Supply Chain remains a challenge in stock options not fully supporting stores with inventory due to constant opening of stores

Advice to Management

Do not try to reinvent the wheel in the beauty industry, focus on store operational challenges and constantly seek strong management to lead the way. Leadership is a rare commodity continue to seek ways in order to improve the supply chain and support the stores with full time employees. The company has EXTREMELY LOYAL customers that keep coming back regardless how terrible the last shopping experience was. Learn from mistakes and keep the focus on customer.