Ulta Beauty - So many problems on so many levels, Notice how the stores have no staff? There is a reason for this | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

"So many problems on so many levels, Notice how the stores have no staff? There is a reason for this"

Former Employee - Associate Manager
Former Employee - Associate Manager

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Occassional Gratis
50% off salon services
Benefits for full time Managers only

Cons

Pay, Hours, workload, unrealistic sales goals, expendable slave labor mentality, lack of training, no security, no cleaning crew. lack of staff. inventory, Loss prevention, major fail!

Advice to Management

I think the egos are so large in corporate that they cannot see what is really happening below them.
I also think that management at every level does not care about the employees that work for them only the shareholders and sales are important.
The "great reviews" you see here folks are planted. Very few of the stores have the kind of management worthy of your hard work.
When you control stores by payroll hours vs. sales goals met, you are in trouble.
Many employees are placed in dangerous situations working late in crime ridden areas, without security.
Punishing employees for trying to protect your interests does not build loyalty.
Also treating employees like criminals, and letting theives walkis demotivating and demoralizing.
This company is really one of the worst retail environments ever!
And no amount of the occassional free nail polish and lipstick make it any better.
Also environmental protectionshould investigate every ULTA for the phenomenal amount of waste and discarding hazardous products unsafely into the city dumps.
You ULTA SUCK!

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

"This store is a cess-pool of drama, The GM is in my opinion a habitual liar!"

Former Employee - Management in Pocatello, ID
    Former Employee - Management in Pocatello, ID

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, Run away!!! DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Cons

The GM in my opinion is a habitual liar, and is NOT capable of doing her job! If you disagree with her she makes your life a living hell!

Advice to Management

Pay Attention to what is going on in the stores. You have a GM that is totally incompetent, you have associate managers that are trying to make up for what the GM is lacking, there is no leadership!

2. "Great environment, nice, supportive co-workers, but hard to level jump in salon."

Former Employee - Hair Designer I in Beavercreek, OH
    Former Employee - Hair Designer I in Beavercreek, OH

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I felt like my team was great, and I had a lot of room to grow as a cosmetologist. Also if you work in the salon you get free services, and store wide you get 25%!

Cons

They allow you to level jump and put on that it is easy to do so, but I disagree entirely. I was also and still am a college student so I could not be there all the time. Still, working 4 days a week and having completely full books, their level jumping criteria is 'x' amount per week, not how much you make per hour you are scheduled. Which when school got more rigorous it was impossible to even think about.

Advice to Management

Consider your beauty team in the salon for gratis too! Any one could be considered to work specifically in cosmetics, (without license) and they received tons of free gratis! We also did makeup applications lessons, free events and we never got anything. Offer your cosmetologists gratis too. Even if you decide to your benefit. Try doing weekly contests etc. I just always thought it was unfair for management and random retail associates to get these benefits when we are the ones who are directly advertising it to customers.