KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing and welcoming community

Apr 29, 2022 - Beauty Advisor in Plattsburgh, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture attracts some really great people, employees of course but also customers. It's rare we get a particularly rude or upset person since we're a specialty store. The community at our store is so fun and welcoming. We regularly receive free sample products and the store discounts are also very generous. At my location, the general manager is great and very accommodating to not just your needs, but also wants, in terms of scheduling.

Cons

Beauty Advisors start working at minimum wage. Sometimes we are understaffed since we're a small store. On slow days you might be the only associate, with a manager, for an hour or two which can be frustrating if theres more than 2 guests in the store and the manager is busy with something else.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Jun 26, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love it so much. It’s real fun

Cons

None that I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Internal promotion salary needs work

May 19, 2022 - Services District Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ulta Beauty is a very culture driven company. They really do grow the individual as a professional

Cons

Unless you’re corporate or field level your growth depends on how good your general manager is at their job. Internal promotions are encouraged but the increase in pay is bare minimum. You might as well quit and reapply for the job to get what you truly are qualified. District Managers run off Services leaders and Service Educators (their partners) all the time because they won’t take accountability for the service and boutique areas and when the pressure comes down they place the blame on those who really don’t have any power. If they would get their GM’s onboard but also pay attention imagine the results the company would have as a whole. If Ulta would recalibrate their DM’s they would have longer term employees even on the store level. To make sure they don’t have any open positions they tolerate unacceptable behavior.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Ulta Beauty.

Ulta Beauty Photos

+ Add Photo
Ulta Beauty photo of: Artistic Team
Ulta Beauty photo of: Grand Opening in New Orleans!
Ulta Beauty photo of: ULTA Booth at the Paul Mitchell Event
Ulta Beauty photo of: Amazing Growth at ULTA
Ulta Beauty photo of: Getting ready for the runway
Ulta Beauty photo of: Getting ready for the runway
Ulta Beauty photo of: Getting ready to do some volunteering at Feed my Starving Children