Ultimate Medical Academy - Proceed with Caution | Glassdoor

"Proceed with Caution"

Former Employee - Career Advisor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and fun environment (at least it was)

Cons

UMA is fun but very unprofessional. It is a good job to get if you are in between jobs or while you are looking for something more secure. You will never know whether or not you will have your job the next day, everything is ran through favoritism, and in the end of the day they do not CARE about their students. All they care about is keeping their accreditation and will teach you to do whatever means necessary to "place" graduates into minimum wage jobs that they could have gotten without their overpriced diploma. UMA is a complete joke and could never be a creditable work environment if they keep treating PEOPLE like they are dispensable. First job ever that I walked out without giving notice and never thought twice about my decision.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting/ putting criminals in powerful positions. This institution needs to be thoroughly investigated WITHOUT warning- Like all the preparations and renovations they did for the accreditation board ABHES visit.

Ultimate Medical Academy2018-03-20
  1. "Great company that recognize the employees"

Current Employee - Director of Internal Audit in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time

Pros

Great company with lots of potential to grow

Cons

low match 401k, inflexible work schedule and not able to work from home

Advice to Management

additional PTO hours for employees that have been with the company for 5 years+

Ultimate Medical Academy2020-01-23
  2. "Life changing career while changing lives!"

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Rather you're having a great day or the worst... Going to work is the only solution. It's the place to be. The place that can change your life. I often counsel my coworkers when life hits them in the face and my best words for them all is just that; "you've come to the right place". I moved from Indiana to Florida with nothing but kids and am now a homeowner. I have been here at UMA for just under 4 years, I cant find a single reason on any day to not go to work. The environment and the people are so uplifting, the money is great and we are like family. We are praised for being our true selves and most of us are crazy!!! The team environment is just enough competition to drive us to do our best but when those days come that others are here from other departments we represent ALL of us! Those teams are great. I love the people here! The effort that this company puts into making UMA the best do not go unrecognized! They are the best.

Cons

Due to my drive to be one of the best, I spend a lot of time at work rather than with my family. I feel as if my work life balanced is biased. But that's my own personal problem. Nothing to really call a "con" pertaining to UMA

Advice to Management

It's hard to suggest or advise the management for they are constantly bettering the work environment.

Ultimate Medical Academy2020-01-23

Discover more reviews about Ultimate Medical Academy.