Ultimate Medical Academy - As a Senior Admissions Advisor at UMA I'm faced with many challenges but it's a very exhilarating feeling! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ultimate Medical Academy

"As a Senior Admissions Advisor at UMA I'm faced with many challenges but it's a very exhilarating feeling!"

Current Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've reffered several people to UMA because I love the atmosphere! I have worked many jobs and this is the only place that I have ever worked that really makes me feel like I really belong here. The environment is just insane!!!! Music, games, competition and just all around fun place to work!!!

Cons

Well.... keeping students motivated after the enrollment process can be quite challenging because of the fear and other obstacles they face from day to day when they are not on the phone with you. It's very rewarding when you speak with the student next day and you help them overcome their fears and obstacles. It makes the job worth wild.

Advice to Management

We should continue to have training for our future leaders. Seniors need to feel like thier position is as important as a student, or training managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Ultimate Medical Academy

"Instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Instructor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The two best reasons to work here are the students and fellow instructors/staff. I truly enjoyed my time there and would love to return.

Cons

Learner services role is inconsistent, at best. This could be a great department but has the "not my job" mentality. This does not benefit education need of any student.

Advice to Management

Take a real pulse of the campus, then effect positive change. Listen to those who are in the classroom with students for most of their time on your campuses. Most instructors work in the field they teach and can assist with admission, learner services and other areas. They may be a great source of information if you let them. Sincerest luck to you.

"High turnover, decent base pay, little benefits, shrinking company."

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good salaries, crazy parties, always something happening, never boring

Cons

No training, very bad benefits, work life balance is awful, co-workers get arrested, extremely high turnover at all levels. Most positions are revolving door all the way to the executive level positions. Turnover in admissions, career services, student finance, and learner services is beyond belief. Little chance at a real promotion. Always worried regulators will shut the school down.

Advice to Management

Long term planning needed, invest in employee training to improve employee turnover.

Ultimate Medical Academy Response

Jul 14, 2014 – Associate Director, Social Media & Engagement

Helping soon-to-be graduates start their careers in the field of healthcare is both rewarding and highly demanding, and we applaud our staff members that are able to persist at tackling this... More