Ultimate Software - Feels Like I Great Company To Be A Part Of | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ultimate Software

"Feels Like I Great Company To Be A Part Of"

I have been working at Ultimate Software part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual yet professional, management seems to trust their employees, CEO seems like a genuine individual, co-workers adjust to the culture pretty well, reasonable salaries, more than acceptable hardware/software tools to work with,

Cons

Better training programs, more compatibility between departments

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the way new hires are being trained

Other Employee Reviews for Ultimate Software

"Probably the worst career move I could have made!"

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

100% company paid benefits, shared stock in company but vests in time, decent wages for regular hours (though regular hours are unacceptable)

Cons

Poor to no training plan, expected to work long hours which may included nights, weekends, and holidays. unrealistic demands put on employees, lack of support from fellow team members, feeling like you are set up to fail, lots of perceptions that are assumed (should know this,should know where to find this, should know how to do this, so on and so forth...), management is poor and shows favortism in many departments, concerns go unaddressed, terminated employees are treated extremely unprofessionally!

Advice to Management

Instead of pushing to achieve that #1 goal take the steps to put together training plans for employees, mentor them properly, and help them achieve the role you want the company to be. Spread more of the wealth with your employees - so much is said about how much the company is making and more and more is demanded from employees; when is enough, enough!?

"Great benefits, typical support job"

Current Employee - Customer Success Professional
    Current Employee - Customer Success Professional

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits, of course, are awesome. They pay for you and your family's complete medical benefits.
    Good corporate culture.
    Lots of advancement in the company/growing company.
    Not a lot of micromanaging. You're allowed to just get your work done.
    They've never laid out a single worker, and have always continued to give free medical benefits.
    They give us free food-- lunches, breakfast once a month, snack carts, birthday cake, etc.

Cons

Workplace is poorly managed and they refuse to listen to their employees. Concerns are brought to management, and they tell you to work hard and get over it. People leave because they are physically too stressed.
    Virtually no work/life balance.
    Training is terrible. Most of the time I feel like on an uphill battle just trying to find information to do my job. It's incredibly unorganized.
    High turnover.
    No flexible hours.

Advice to Management

In your efforts to make money, don't overlook Workplace. Listen to your employees. People are overwhelmed and overstressed. The turnover is high because you refuse to listen to the people that make the business going.
    Don't hold people in a department they don't want to be in.
    Remember that your philosophy is employees first. I have yet to see this exemplified at Ulti.