Ultra Electronics - Pay is medium to low, but good NSPI offers a very good work / life balance. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Ultra Electronics

"Pay is medium to low, but good NSPI offers a very good work / life balance."

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Project Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

The relationships among the employees makes for a very close family type environment. The management is very ethical. There's not a lot of office politics compared to a large corporation.

Cons

Because it's a small company, promotion opportunities are few and sporadic.

Other Employee Reviews for Ultra Electronics

"Ultra-ATS is a great company to work for in Austin"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

I've been working for Ultra for about a year now. The company is growing so there are good opportunities for advancement. They are careful about over hiring so we don't have a problem with hire and layoff. Turnover is very low. We work closely with the warfighter and that is part of the decision process every day. Its still a small company, so you get to see the President and the Senior management every day. Besides all that we work 1/2 days Fridays, 9 hrs Mon-Thur. Its a great benefit to have Friday afternoon off.

Cons

Not enough space for workers, but we are moving to a new building next month. Cubes are part of life but it makes work more distracting.

Advice to Management

Ultra-ATS is focused on the power of its employees, and it shows. I hope they can keep it up as we grow beyond 200 employees.

"Used to be great but now having"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

The best reasons to work at prologic are that they seem to be very easy going and flexible with your schedule. The benefits they offer are pretty good. They were a smaller company until recently and had many interesting projects going on within the company. Many of the projects were of a research nature, so the work was somewhat more interesting than you would find at most larger corporations.

Cons

Two things happened recently, Prologic graduated from 8a status, making government contracting more difficult for them. They also were bought out by a British company, which caused some of there government customers to be less inclined to work with them. This is currently causing funding issues within the company.

Advice to Management

Get that contract machine flowing.